• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Big brother

Kayla55

I think this contest would drive me insane, I could never face attention, cameras, strange voting system. Nope, wouldn't last a day!!

What would happen if there wasn't a choice it was the original big brother concept of a dictator, I think then the spirit animal would be a snake because it's shy and never bite unless corner ed ....
I think big brother is asd nightmare.

If it's anything like the UK one they have stringent rounds of mental health assessments, group tasks etc before they finalise which contestants will enter the house.

My first gf made it quite far in these rounds of interviews, tasks and assessments, but never made it to the final few who became the housemates.

They should do the first trip to Mars Big Brother style. Film it all, air it globally. I reckon it'd go from reality TV, to maybe a romance show, and then onto a drama, and my guess is - it'd end like a horror film.

Ed

One thing that bothers me about reality tv is that it’s not reality, not even close. The producers look for people who will create drama, whilst trying to avoid those who make too much drama and cause a lawsuit. Then they insert nonsense challenges just to stir up trouble. It might as well be a marionette puppet show and we are all just supposed to believe that it’s’real’. And why in the world would anybody enjoy watching people argue, particularly when the arguments often escalate to the point of physical violence? I can’t stand being in the room when two people are yelling at eachother. I can’t understand why I’m supposed to enjoy watching it on tv.

I see it as a social commentary on just how broken our society is. Fake people, with fake body parts, covered in makeup, fighting, and that’s what average people want to watch.

I've always been fascinated that Ian Terry even had a chance at "Big Brother". Not would I have though anyone on the spectrum would have made it past the producer's screening process.

But he not only got onto the show, but won it all. Very cool....and amazing to me.

Though it's quite true, the entire process is absurdly orchestrated from Alison Grodner on down. As an alleged competition, it often reminds me of Arnold Rothstein who "fixed" the 1919 World Series. A process of deliberate manipulation just to achieve an optimal outcome based on shifting social dynamics. Except I suspect few people in Las Vegas are betting on the winner...lol.

Even armed with Machiavelli's "playbook" I'd feel totally over my head in this NT competition. :oops:

Last edited:
I remember the first Big Brother series we had here in 2001, they locked some people in a bunker at an old airport. And everyone watched it because people had never seen anything like it on tv before. Now the concept is just silly, who wants to watch that.

I would probably be too boring to participate, keeping to myself a little and not doing much. Now we have something called Paradise Hotel, they lock a group of 20 year olds in a luxury villa on a very nice island and feed them alcohol. So it's non stop drinking, sex, fighting and crying. Drama. It's just awful, one of the worst things on tv. It's like watching a headache.

Last edited:
I still recall the first Big Brother season. Put most people to sleep. Probably got a second chance only because of Julie Chen's CEO husband Les Moonves.

But the second season was completely different. Defining the show to the present date. Perhaps the ultimate in televised schadenfreude.

It’s a bit like reading a tabloid that says Abraham Lincoln was really an alien sent to make babies with slaves. Totally unbelievable, but that’s what NT’s get excited about. Even when they consciously understand it’s nonsense…. they love that garbage.

Totally unbelievable, but that’s what NT’s get excited about. Even when they consciously understand it’s nonsense…. they love that garbage.
I actually watch it on occasion these days just for a little insight into the NT thought process. A little more entertaining than referring back to Machiavelli's "Prince and the Discourses". Social dynamics on steroids. ;)

Though somewhat like televised wrestling, I've never understood how something so orchestrated could be so loved as if it were dominated by entirely random and real circumstances.

I've always chuckled over Mark Burnett claiming reality television is "unscripted drama". Apart from the depth of the contractual agreements contestants have to sign just to be a part of such programming. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom