• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Beverage or food routine?

juffur

V.I.P Member
I remember watching the movie "Adam", and they showed him eating the same thing over and over again. I kind of do this. I usually drink rockstar energy drinks daily, but I'm now switching over to tea.

Does anyone here have a particular type of beverage or food they consume quite regularly like a routine??

Chips (or fries), chicken fillet burger, portion of onion rings and a large Coke. That is what I would usually order from a fast food place. I tend to order the same sort of things over and over again despite liking other foods as well.

I eat a bologna sandwich almost every day for lunch. My co-workers were just playfully teasing me about it the other day.

I've been eating a lot more systematically lately. The past year I mainly ate cheese toast, with a tendency to eat potatoes everyday during last winter. These days I try to eat 2 hardboiled eggs in my morning, and then a mix of ramen noodles, pasta pesto and bread during the rest of the day. I'll deviate from it quite a lot though, because of a lack of ingredients, or because I feel like eating something else. It's just handy to have this to fall back on. Basically I find it very time consuming to think about what to eat everyday. I usually forget it anyway as I pretty much only eat when I'm hungry, and I can be not hungry for quite a while.
I always had the tendency to stick to the same food over and over. There was a year at college where I basically ate fries everyday, pizza's are alway quatro formaggi, and if I didn't make myself drink something else from time to time, I'd only drink coca-cola.

I'm guilty of this as well. Every fast food restaurant I usually catch myself ordering the same item with the same ingredients. I get anal about it, if there's a slight deviation that causes me to cringe I'll either ask for a do-over or just toss it out the window and demand a refund.

Same deal with soft drinks, I have to have Rockstar or Red Bull or whatever caffeine+herbal+mystery ingredient laced alternative every night before I work a shift for two reasons: it's habitual, and for the temporary motivation and energy which I'm usually lacking in. If not, I don't build up any of that until the last working hour. Sucks, but that's how it goes.

Last edited:
I have the same breakfast every day, and I always order the same thing when I go to a restaurant (burger and chips) :)

And I only drink tea and lemonade :)

I do this kind of thing too, but my diet these days consists of more variety than it did a few years ago. When I was about 5 I went through a stage where I'd hardly eat anything apart from buttered white bread or French stick and Bird's Eye potato waffles. Then when I was about 10 I wanted Yorkshire puddings every day at mealtimes but I eventually got sick of them.

I'll eat the same thing as often as I can get it for weeks until my husband convinces me to pick something else to latch onto.. and it continues like that.
If we go out, I have a specific order for the restaurant despite the fact that I may like something else there.

When I was younger I would only eat chicken fingers at restaurants, so we couldn't go somewhere they didn't have them.

My family calls me "predictable" due to always eating the same thing over and over again at the few places I eat out at. At home, I have a few meals I'm ok with and I will eat those over and over again. I'm a very picky eater. Also, EVERY morning since I was a youngin' I've been drinking coffee. Yes, I had coffee as a kid, it's delicious! Also, my mom told me that when i was a kid the only way I would eat something new is by lying to me that it was chicken since that's all i wanted to eat. Not sure how I fell for that!

Recently it's been a salad with green leaf lettuce, a particular dressing, croutons, and parmesan cheese. Which is weird, because, although I've long liked salads, I never before particularly cared for that exact type of salad.

I'm on a really strict diet. I pretty much have celery every day now, along with at least 7 venti tumbler refills of water (that's like 1.3 gallon total. Venti tumblers hold 4 more ounces than an actual venti cup at Starbucks.).
I eat greek yogurt, chicken, and I wrap the chicken in cabbage leaves. It's pretty amazing for something so minimal in ingredients.
I sometimes have almonds, especially if I'm on the go.
I can also have skim milk. Basically my current diet is select veggies, poultry/fish and very minimal number of dairy products (plain yogurt, cottage cheese and skim milk). I can have like 1 cup of brown rice a day but I figure it's easier to cut out carbs completely than to only be "teased" with the concept of "you can't have seconds.". I'm sure I get carbs through varying things I eat. Today is the start of week 4 (I could start phase 2 for this week only but I think I'll wait until next week because I'm 1 lb away from 179 and wanted to be in the 170s range by August.) and I feel fine (and 12 lbs lighter! :laugh: )

I really miss coffee though. This is a thyroid diet, so I can't have caffeine. It overstimulates the thyroid. :(

New Threads

Top Bottom