• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Best way to show an aspie guy you love him?

Well,for me it is simple - touch, stating love, looking into the eyes and making it known that you are completely for one, irrespective of differences, makes the grade.

Everyone is different and likes different approaches, and so I really don't get that I am so radically different as an Aspie. Just love me irrespective of my own personal differences, and expect that it does not occur to me to respond in like!

Actually what I told him was that I don't love him in spite of his "differences(his word)" but that I love him including his differences (which is the truth). Since we are internet friends, unfortunately, I can't touch him or look into his eyes when I say this but I have told him that I do not expect him to reciprocate my feelings. I have also told him specifically what I love about him so it wasn't a bland and general statement without meaning.

Last edited:
"I am concerned over properly communicating my affections towards you. Can you help me better understand how I may address this concern?"

"How may we communicate reciprocal validations of our affections?"

Last edited:
Yes! I have asked him- his response was "don't worry, you are doing a fine job."

1. Don't be needy!
2. Try to show a genuine interest in one of his projects
3. Give him space and alone time if he gets stressy
4. Tolerate his (our!) quirks
5. Realise that his way of loving you isn't going to be normal, flowers and crap.

1. Don't be needy!
2. Try to show a genuine interest in one of his projects
3. Give him space and alone time if he gets stressy
4. Tolerate his (our!) quirks
5. Realise that his way of loving you isn't going to be normal, flowers and crap.
Have been trying to do all of these things. Just hope he can feel my love, that`s all. I think he does or I guess he wouldn't be maintaining frequent and close contact. He hasn't had much love in his life.

New Threads

Top Bottom