• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Best Parts of a NT Dating an Aspie... Let's Start a Huge List!

You won't have to worry about him playing around. One relationship is demanding for an aspie - two is almost an impossibility :)

They won't be running a 'hidden-agenda' in their conversations with you.
"Hidden agenda?" What do you mean by that? Like, trying to talk to someone for instance, with a certain unspoken goal in mind, you mean?

But hidden agendas--can those ever be a good thing, ever? Say you're trying to find out what to get someone for their bday, so you ask all these questions or try to make convo just so that the other party spits out a direct clue as to what you should get them....would that be a hidden agenda? If so, if aspies don't have "hidden agendas", can that be a negative factor as well, since they would be unable to do things like what I jist explained, hence perhaps building a littlw resentment between aspie and a nt? Did that even make sense? LOL

But hidden agendas--can those ever be a good thing, ever? Say you're trying to find out what to get someone for their bday, so you ask all these questions or try to make convo just so that the other party spits out a direct clue as to what you should get them....would that be a hidden agenda? If so, if aspies don't have "hidden agendas", can that be a negative factor as well, since they would be unable to do things like what I jist explained, hence perhaps building a littlw resentment between aspie and a nt? Did that even make sense? LOL
Perhaps he doesn't want anything for his (?) birthday. I often can't think of what I would want as a present & would find it just wasteful if somebody bought something just so they could give me a birthday present. I'll bet he would have no problem with you saying "I don't know what to get you for your birthday - is there anything you would like as a gift from me or should I just wait and you can think of something later".

Sometimes NTs do some very Aspie like things and, you get to laugh at them for acting more like you. :D

I read that Aspies can be loyal and territorial. Jealousy might be an issue, but they're stuck on you like glue. My husband never has to worry about me cheating on him because I am fiercely territorial over our relationship and he has witnessed first-hand a few times my reaction to some creep.

If you get a really routine-based and OCD Aspie, you'll never have to worry about a late payment because bills and finances are just blips on a long list of order and precision.

We are quite content to engage in our passions or current obsessions alone so, you're free to pursue interest or activities we don't enjoy or share and, we won't be upset in the least.

Jealousy has definitely been an issue in my relationship.
Couldn't control it for the life of me, and made connections between small, unrelated details that caused a lot of trouble.
That side of things has gotten slightly better with time, but it's always there - it's more a matter of recognising it.

We invariably see details you missed or overlooked. This is helpful on any task or project the requires you not to miss a detail - just ask us to come see if you missed something, if you did, we'll find it for you in short order.

New Threads

Top Bottom