• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Being called childish/immature or told to grow up?

Yep this has happened to me, whenever I don't meet my mums expectations, she tells me to grow up and we have lodgers renting out rooms in the house, last night my mum took one to hospital for "pain" which is definitely just a cramp and she was so childish crying when they put the needle in!! And I'm 17 (to be 18 this year) and I just DONT find it fair, I attempted suicide 24 times in 2 years, and she would always say "oh I'm not taking you to hospital" and "I don't want police or ambulance round the house " but she called an ambulance for the lodger, anyway I was up screaming and having a meltdown all night last night until she came home (I called her over 100 times and sent message after message asking for help but she just ignored me, and today I had another meltdown, the lodger who went to the hospital last night with MY mum came out and was like "oh stop it laura! You're doing this because you want to , you're being childish we are all trying to sleep!" And I was screaming at her "Shut up you don't know anything, I have autism, a disability, I can't control it!" And she was like "yeah yeah yeah I know about disabilitys!" And she strutted off and started talking to the other lodgers about me and yesterday at 11:30 pm during my meltdown one of the lodgers came downstairs and was like "what's wrong!? Your safe here!! Shhh" and walked moodily upstairs, which made me worse! And I just think it's the 21st centrury people NEED to be more open minded and considerate of us

New Threads

Top Bottom