• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Being alone/Pushy People

Just asking did you understand this is a resident at a nursing home

I only understand exactly what has been told here. My schedule is very busy so I have had no time for online stalking (unfortunately).

From her wording it seemed as if it was a superior or co-worker. But him being a client really doesn't change things. Clearly if this guy is being a creep something needs to be done and it's the company's responsibility to keep their employees safe. A great solution would be to no longer have female workers in the presence of this man and let the male workers handle his care requirements and see if his behaviour towards men is acceptable. If not, then the only solution is to refuse this man as a client. But naturally this facility is probably connected to the government in some way and we all know just how competent public services are, especially when it comes to practicing what they preach.

Any private company can never put their employees (well I'm talking about most western nations here, not worldwide) in a place where they are subject to harassment and turn a blind eye to it. If I go into say, a clothing store, and start behaving in a lewd manner with a female employee there, she could get me removed from the store and have the police involved, even if "the customer is king" because the company opens itself up to lawsuits if they don't. In real-life all kinds of weird stuff will happen with people simply accepting it, but if you are willing to start a real ruckus it's certainly possible to get it solved. Naturally you won't be liked, but who cares if others don't like you because you rock the boat for a valid reason.

I only understand exactly what has been told here. My schedule is very busy so I have had no time for online stalking (unfortunately).

From her wording it seemed as if it was a superior or co-worker. But him being a client really doesn't change things. Clearly if this guy is being a creep something needs to be done and it's the company's responsibility to keep their employees safe. A great solution would be to no longer have female workers in the presence of this man and let the male workers handle his care requirements and see if his behaviour towards men is acceptable. If not, then the only solution is to refuse this man as a client. But naturally this facility is probably connected to the government in some way and we all know just how competent public services are, especially when it comes to practicing what they preach.

Any private company can never put their employees (well I'm talking about most western nations here, not worldwide) in a place where they are subject to harassment and turn a blind eye to it. If I go into say, a clothing store, and start behaving in a lewd manner with a female employee there, she could get me removed from the store and have the police involved, even if "the customer is king" because the company opens itself up to lawsuits if they don't. In real-life all kinds of weird stuff will happen with people simply accepting it, but if you are willing to start a real ruckus it's certainly possible to get it solved. Naturally you won't be liked, but who cares if others don't like you because you rock the boat for a valid reason.
I find you calling me a stalker offensive

I’m fully aware of law my mother was a solicitor ,what I meant was there are different conditions if someone is a resident of a nursing home, it is slightly different to a company.

This is great input. Sadly, he doesn't have dementia. But he is leaving me alone at this point. Basically l need to assert myself nicely and let men know if they are inappropriate. That is something l am working on. As a older female, l feel people won't believe me. l am very professional in my job, and l sometimes resent being an older female and having to deal with this. It seems uncalled for. But as other people have pointed out, l need to toughen up.

Actually, I called myself a stalker.

Its reasonable to read into your message that you implied she was a stalker.
As she knew the information etc.

I read it that way.

I realise it is ambiguous and you may not have meant it that way.
Hope not and doubt that you did.

Thats what happens with language sometimes :)

Yea, the ambiguity was the whole point. I don't know if they are BFFS4EVA or maybe there's a thread where all this information was shared and I just happen to be the only one that missed it. Therefore I cannot call anyone a stalker, but I can say that I personally have a busy schedule so I was unable to find time to stalk in order to obtain this information.

You are offended? Congratulations. I am offended because you are offended. Now we are in the same boat. So if you think nobody is allowed to offend anyone then you are not allowed to be offended. Therefore I can make all the jokes I want and because you are not allowed to be offended because that would offend me nobody is offended and everyone is happy. Problem solved. I am glad we were able to get this out of the way. Back to topic now?

This is great input. Sadly, he doesn't have dementia. But he is leaving me alone at this point. Basically l need to assert myself nicely and let men know if they are inappropriate. That is something l am working on. As a older female, l feel people won't believe me. l am very professional in my job, and l sometimes resent being an older female and having to deal with this. It seems uncalled for. But as other people have pointed out, l need to toughen up.

Good to read he's leaving you alone at the moment, but that's not to say it will last.

It's not just about asserting yourself and by saying stuff like this, you're accepting the 'blame' for someone else's behaviour.

In the situation you're in, a resident of where you are the employee, the employer has a duty of care towards you. You have a right to be safe at work and not encounter harassment of any kind.

It really would be in your best interests to speak to your supervisor/manager about the inappropriate behaviour from this resident with perhaps a view to you not seeing this particular resident alone. Maybe two of you can attend to him or someone else can go in your place?

Yea, the ambiguity was the whole point. I don't know if they are BFFS4EVA or maybe there's a thread where all this information was shared and I just happen to be the only one that missed it. Therefore I cannot call anyone a stalker, but I can say that I personally have a busy schedule so I was unable to find time to stalk in order to obtain this information.

You are offended? Congratulations. I am offended because you are offended. Now we are in the same boat. So if you think nobody is allowed to offend anyone then you are not allowed to be offended. Therefore I can make all the jokes I want and because you are not allowed to be offended because that would offend me nobody is offended and everyone is happy. Problem solved. I am glad we were able to get this out of the way. Back to topic now?

What are you talking about?

You misread it completely.

A nice response would be 'ah, I see. I didnt mean it.'

But, from here on out, I will a,ways be too busy for you.

Hopefully its likewise :)

l am a older female. l accept that. But it doesn't mean l need a man telling me what to do. l can make perfectly rantional decisions without a male. I don't need you to impose your stuff on me or your thought process. Many people live alone. If l made it this far, l think l am good to go. l raised a daughter who is doing alright in life. Does any other people deal with pushy people? How do you deal with it? I have been extremely independent my entire life. People can't just show up and think they are going to tell me what to do and who to do it with.

If it's work related, can you just ignore the person and continue to do your job well? I know how frustrating that can be.

New Threads

Top Bottom