• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Been Feeling Depressed, Paralyzed

Spinning Compass

V.I.P Member
To make a long story short, one of the organizations I belong to voted to send a team to the cancer-fighting event Relay for Life. I volunteered to be team captain, which I probably shouldn't have done, considering my Aspergers and level of social skills; however, I thought (wrong, wrong) that this would be a good challenge as it is definitely out of my comfort zone.

Anyway I have called several team meetings and have gotten very little response. Only two people showed up one night. The event is scheduled for the end of June. I made promises to the Relay people which I now realize I can't deliver on. I want out of this so badly! I will never do this again.

I don't know if it is me or if it is the group I am in. Some years ago I chaired another event with this group and got the same level of participation/response/interest. Needless to say we didn't do very well. I am not a pushy person, it is very hard for me (by nature and upbringing) to demand things of others, and when I am not even being met halfway, it is even more difficult. The ironic thing is when I took some time off last year to do a little acting, one of the group members told me that I had been "missed". But where is this person when I call for participation? Nowhere to be seen. So how much was I really "missed" anyway?

I just feel like giving up. Everytime I think about picking up the phone to call people or to send an e-mail I just feel a burden of heaviness, and I find something else to do. Oh well, if we are there we are there and if we are not, there isn't anything I can do.

New Threads

Top Bottom