• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Beauty and the beast live action movie

Adora

I'm just wondering will anyone else be seeing this movie when it's released next month?, I usually don't like remakes or reboots but from what I have read on the Internet and seen on the trailers they are sticking pretty close to the story but they are expanding on the characters and answering questions that were left unanswered in the original,this is the first remake I'm actually looking forward to.

Last edited:
I might see it - with me, I usually hang fire and wait to see both the movie critics and movie goers say before deciding whether it's worth it or not.

Have you seen the short clip of the gaston song?
I just watched a few shorts of Luke Evans singing the song. My faith is partially restored. I have this habit of wanting to sing this song whenever I've had a few drinks, so it's very dear to me :D

I'm just wondering will anyone else be seeing this movie when it's realised next month?, I usually don't like remakes or reboots but from what I have read on the Internet and seen on the trailers they are sticking pretty close to the story but they are expanding on the characters and answering questions that were left unanswered in the original,this is the first remake I'm actually looking forward to.
Was one of my favorite movies as a kid, I don't really see how they could make it better other than graphically. I guess we will see.

Was one of my favorite movies as a kid, I don't really see how they could make it better other than graphically. I guess we will see.

I understand your point, especially considering that this movie was nominated for "Movie of the Year" when it first came out - the category "Animated Movie of the Year" not existing at the time.

I don't intend on seeing it. Call it stupid, but I would prefer to just watch the animated versions. I grew up with a lot of the great animated Disney films, and I sort of hate that they're remaking things from my childhood. I can't really explain it? I haven't seen the live action Jungle Book either.

I don't intend on seeing it. Call it stupid, but I would prefer to just watch the animated versions. I grew up with a lot of the great animated Disney films, and I sort of hate that they're remaking things from my childhood. I can't really explain it? I haven't seen the live action Jungle Book either.
I agree, albeit for different reasons.

It's not that I'm in any way sentimental or nostalgic about things I grew up with and object to them being remade and changed around. I just like animated stuff better than live action stuff in general, and think there are certain stories that lend themselves better to animation than live action.

Beauty and the Beast might work fine as a live action movie since it contains mostly human characters and the beast is a misfit within the story - but I haven't seen Jungle Book remake and really I'm not that interested in seeing it, because the very concept of a story that acts like the fact that panthers, bears, elephants, tigers etc. all speak english and communicate verbally with no difficulty is nothing out of the ordinary just doesn't work for me when presented as a realistic looking, live action thing. That type of story works better as a cartoonish animated movie, in my opinion. And Disney already did that with it 50 years ago.

Sadly, these live action remakes are going to continue. Here's a list of the live action movies/remakes Disney intends to make - although this list isn't in order:

1. Dumbo
2. The Sword in the Stone
3. Cruella
4. Pinocchio
5. Prince Charming
6. Peter Pan
7. Tink
(Spin-off from Peter Pan)
8. Genies (Prequel to Aladdin)
9. Aladdin
10. Mulan
11. The Little Mermaid
12. The Jungle Book 2
13. Winnie the Pooh
14. Maleficent 2
15. Rose Red
(Spin-off from Snow White)
16. Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers
17. Mary Poppins Returns
18. Night on Bald Mountain
19. The Lion King

Last edited:
Sadly, these live action remakes are going to continue. Here's a list of the live action movies/remakes Disney intends to make - although this list isn't in order:

1. Dumbo
3. Cruella
4. Pinocchio
5. Prince Charming
6. Peter Pan
7. Tink
9. Aladdin
10. Mulan
11. The Little Mermaid
12. The Jungle Book 2
13. Winnie the Pooh
14. Maleficent 2
15. Rose Red
17. Mary poppins Returns
19. The Lion King

I had heard about some of these. The Little Mermaid is my favourite Disney film of all time and I shudder to think about the live action remake of that.

I haven't seen Jungle Book remake and really I'm not that interested in seeing it, because the very concept of a story that acts like the fact that panthers, bears, elephants, tigers etc. all speak english and communicate verbally with no difficulty is nothing out of the ordinary just doesn't work for me when presented as a realistic looking, live action thing.

EXACTLY!

1. Dumbo
3. Cruella
4. Pinocchio
5. Prince Charming
6. Peter Pan
7. Tink
9. Aladdin
10. Mulan
11. The Little Mermaid
12. The Jungle Book 2
13. Winnie the Pooh
14. Maleficent 2
15. Rose Red
17. Mary poppins Returns
19. The Lion King
Wow that's a lot,I have heard of the little mermaid remake but I think that would be difficult to make as for Aladdin that has the potential to be a blockbuster (though people might not like the idea because of robin Williams portrayal of the genie being hard to replace)but bald mountain? That part of fantasia use to terrify me as a kid.

Wow that's a lot,I have heard of the little mermaid remake but I think that would be difficult to make as for Aladdin that has the potential to be a blockbuster (though people might not like the idea because of robin Williams portrayal of the genie being hard to replace)but bald mountain? That part of fantasia use to terrify me as a kid.

I had heard about some of these. The Little Mermaid is my favourite Disney film of all time and I shudder to think about the live action remake of that.

There will be differences in several of the remakes.
For example, the live action version of The Little Mermaid will be more faithful to the book, Dumbo will have a more expansive story including some kids who befriend Dumbo and Winnie the Pooh will apparently focus on an adult Christopher Robin returning to the Hundred Acre Wood.

Some of these adaptions I'm a bit half-and-half about. For example, Mary Poppins was one of my favorite childhood films so I'm a bit concerned about a sequel so long after the original (especially since the author of the Mary Poppins books hated the original film), while I also share your concerns about the live-action remake of Aladdin.

Still, there's some that show promise.
I'm genuinely interested to see what they do with Night on Bald Mountain (and hoping it'll be better than another adaption from Fantasia), one of the writers and producers of Game of Thrones is writing the story for the remake of The Sword in the Stone, Peter Pan will hopefully be better than both the awful prequel Pan and the BBC TV movie which had Pixie Lott as a foul-mouthed Tinkerbell and The Lion King is been done by Jon Favreau - who did the recent Jungle Book remake - and is keeping all the songs from the original Lion King film.

Who will go into that film and not be hoping to hear this? -

Reading the list of planned remakes just makes me incredibly sad. Come up with some new material already and leave my childhood alone, ffs!

Yeah, I'm very aware about The Lion King remake since I've been obsessing over that movie so much lately. I'm kinda skeptical about it, but if they don't cast Scar correctly I am going to be VERY disappointed.

I wish they'd just get Jeremy Irons back for the role TBH - not because I just want it to be the same as the original (I will always like the original better anyway - again, I just like that style of animation a lot better than I like live action/photorealistic CGI), but because I know he'll do a good job. But he said they didn't ask him to do it and probably got "some young whippersnapper" instead, in a recent interview with Larry King.

Scar needs to seem more eccentric than menacing... but with a few moments which are just really sinister... but they have to be just the right moments. Jeremy Irons did this perfectly, there was a very fine line between 'eccentric but harmless' and 'utterly terrifying' within his delivery. and that line was always crossed at just the right time, and he never really strayed too far either side of it either.

I'm going to see it. I've seen many adaptions of the Beauty and the Beast story, but I haven't cared much for the recent Disney remakes. Also the 1991 version was great already, the musical added a lot too, not sure how much originality the movie is going to bring to the table.

I'll see it at least once, the cgi of her yellow dress does look bomb though btw...

1. Dumbo
3. Cruella
4. Pinocchio
5. Prince Charming
6. Peter Pan
7. Tink
9. Aladdin
10. Mulan
11. The Little Mermaid
12. The Jungle Book 2
13. Winnie the Pooh
14. Maleficent 2
15. Rose Red
17. Mary Poppins Returns
19. The Lion King

Rose Red? Do they realize that is a Stephen King movie? They should probably try to think of another title...

New Threads

Top Bottom