• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Beanies

DaisyRose

V.I.P Member
Someone donated a box full of handmade beanies. There are so many colors to choose from. I got a pink and green one, since it’s getting colder. I love to wear my pink beanie in the house. I get cold so easily and it helps me stay warm. My mom said I should only wear a beanie outside.

I thought we were discussing beanie babies. Lol. I just bought one for someone who lost his chihuahua.
20231108_152550.jpg

Beanie? Ah....a knit cap. Gotcha. ;)

LOL...I always think of "Beany & Cecil". (Beany having the propeller on the top of his knit cap). :p

At first I thought you meant Beanie Babies

beanie 2.jpg

I don't know for sure think your Mom may be right about not wearing it indoors. A little probably wouldn't hurt but long term may not be healthy for your hair and scalp. Someone here might know or looking it up might answer the question.

I don't know for sure think your Mom may be right about not wearing it indoors. A little probably wouldn't hurt but long term may not be healthy for your hair and scalp. Someone here might know or looking it up might answer the question.

Speaking of which, was there even a single episode of "The Monkees" where Mike Nesmith didn't wear his cap?

Michael-Nesmith-the-monkees-18264236-640-480.jpg

It's considered to be rude here to wear a hat or beanie indoors. Maybe that's what her mother meant. When you walk indoors, you take your hat off.

It's considered to be rude here to wear a hat or beanie indoors. Maybe that's what her mother meant. When you walk indoors, you take your hat off.
I used to think about that as an American custom as well.

Until I moved to Nevada. People are indifferent to wearing headware indoors or outdoors. Go figure.

I guess hats are back....at least they were for vampires in the movie "Daybreakers". :cool:

Daybreakers+Capture+Humans.jpg

Last edited:
I like to wear my pig hat, but I always take it off indoors. People look at me like I'm weird when I wear it indoors. ;)

pighat.jpg

I seriously just got a new one I purchased. It's a Santa beanie. It's crocheted with the white base, then the rest is cone shaped and red and at the point of the hat is attached a white fuzzy ball.

I am a beanie nut, to be honest. Only when it's super humid / hot will I wear a ball cap instead. Oops.

New Threads

Top Bottom