• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Bath/shower gel or bar soap?

What do you use?

• I use bath/shower gel exclusively

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • I use bar soap exclusively

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • I use both

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other (explain in post)

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

. . .

V.I.P Member
What do you use when you're having a bath or shower?

Right now I'm using shower gel.

Prior to using this, I hadn't used bath/shower gel since I was in my early teens or, perhaps, preteens.

I voted "I use both" since I don't think I'll be abandoning bar soap just yet.

Last edited:
I tend to use whipped bodywash by the company enchanted along with foaming sugar scrub, at the moment I'm using those products in an apple pancakes scent(also bath milk, conditioner, body lotion and perfume in the same scent).

I do also randomly grab shower gel or soap in scents that appeal to me but 90% of the time I use whipped bodywash in various scents.

I prefer bar soap but my husband uses it, so those days where he doesn't rinse it off (he's quite hairy) I have my own shower gel to use :)

I use Pears shower gel which lasts quite a long time and on the rare occasion I have a bath I'll use Imperial Leather bath oil. Showers are great for convenience but baths are great for relaxing especially if I have a sore back.

It depends for me I usually have to use orangic dye free stuff because I am allergic. So I use some of Tom's lavender body soap and sometimes I find some nice body sprays or some nice body gel depends often gel has too many additives to it. :(

I use Pears shower gel which lasts quite a long time and on the rare occasion I have a bath I'll use Imperial Leather bath oil. Showers are great for convenience but baths are great for relaxing especially if I have a sore back.

:) just want to comment on the "relaxing" nature of a bath! I'm 6ft, which makes floating in a bath very tricky! I suppose that's an advantage of being shorter?? :D

I use shower gel personally, and stick to the one brand on the whole. I've got stupidly sensitive sling to perfumes, and some stuff just makes me itch like mad. I think it's one of the side effects of my aspergers, it's so bad!

I've used shower gel my whole life, don't really see the need to use bar soap. Although I don't really care for a certain brand. I use whatever my mom buys/is on sale.

I use either shower gel or bar soap, as long as it is Lush :)
Right now I am using Snow Fairy shower gel (smells like candy), can't wait to break open my Snowcake :skip:

I've been using shower gel for a few years now since getting a few bath sets as a kid and younger teen. I used to use bar soap, but now that I've been using shower gel for so long and am used to it, bar soap makes my skin feel weird. I only use it when I'm out of gel.

Just thought I'd add that the company I mentioned(Enchanted) also do dupe scents of Lush and can also make pretty much any smell you want, the owner is very very talented. So raven if you fancy having perfume, body lotion etc in snow fairy or snowcake just get in touch with her.

Oh and incase any of you were not aware Lush are having their annual perfume round, the votes have already been placed (you can vote for any product scent to be turned into a perfume). If I remember correctly the top scents were Rose jam, Calacas, Black pearl, comforter, twilight & christmas eve. Not sure how many they will make it's normally the top 5 or 6 that they can actually produce as I know they have problems with certain smells not being viable as perfume.

Shower gel in shower (which I only ever have when there is no other option open to me).
Soap in bath.

I prefer Axe Body Wash or Axe Body Scrub. For a scrub, I like the Snake Peel. for a shower gel, I like their Cool Metal, or Thai Massage (which is really nice!). I also use Axe for deodorant (Phoenix) and body spray (phoenix)

New Threads

Top Bottom