• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Bad dating advise your parents gave you

Again not sure if this counts as dating advice, but my mum has been known to make disparaging remarks about the appearance of other women my age who happen to be in relationships, along the lines of "She's not really attractive but she does a reasonably good job of presenting herself". When I point out that these women must logically be more attractive than me in so far that they have attracted more than I have my mum has nothing to say in response...

I'm trying to hook up where I live now do relation relationships end and broke but I any but because this is area is deprived depraved and rural there are few suitable women I had a really hot 1 tonight young beautiful wheat used to date but I moved too fast for huge sloe gins down her after dinner I went to massage the foot but she wasn't having any of it please don't please don't please don't I have failed I have now probably blown my chances of getting her knickers off ever I feel so alone being on the spectrum

"Opposites attract"

This is very rarely the case, despite it being a widely held belief. Studies show otherwise. Common sense suggests otherwise. My own experience (and that of my parents who gave me this advice) strongly suggests otherwise! :D Differences in thought process, IQ, interests, etc may seem like a fun novelty at first, but after years of having to explain everything to the person you spend the most time with and them never really understanding you, it gets really tiring.

I was really into boys at a young age. In fifth grade, my school was having a dance. But it was less of a dance, like you see in movies. Like, there would be a DJ and some music. But no one really asked each other out. Well...nobody told me that. So I asked my mom how do I ask this one guy out. She told me "just do it." So I did it...he laughed in my face and I never talked to him again.

New Threads

Top Bottom