• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ayn Rand. Anyone here a fan?

All political stuff aside, I can't help but find any writer a bit suspect when there's a dating site for people who follow their philosophy:

I Signed Up for the Ayn Rand Fan Club Dating Site | VICE United States

To me, that's an indication of an "unhealthy cult," as fantasy writer Michael Moorcock once described some of the more fanatical fans of J. R. R. Tolkien and The Lord of the Rings.
Funny you mentioned The Lord of the Rings, as I came across this quote today looking into the Ayn Rand thing:

“There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

[Kung Fu Monkey -- Ephemera, blog post, March 19, 2009]”
John Rogers

This is the type of society I am into.. Well disciplined and unified... Collectivism creates Quality of Life.. Freedom unlike Quality of Life is a abstract concept which only breaks into reality after Quality of Life.. The New Deal although many saw it as fascism created the Freedom of the 60s and 70s!

This is the type of society I am into.. Well disciplined and unified... Collectivism creates Quality of Life.. Freedom unlike Quality of Life is a abstract concept which only breaks into reality after Quality of Life.. The New Deal although many saw it as fascism created the Freedom of the 60s and 70s!
There was a lot more than happened prior to the 60s and 70s other than the New Deal. For instance, WWII was what broke the USA out of the Depression.

I´m more of a Bakunin kind of guy, but I don´t like to pin my ideology onto just one person. I have never understood how anybody could do such a thing. Do you really suppose there is one human being who ever lived who really had all the answers? Doesn't that strike you as just a little bit silly?

I´m more of a Bakunin kind of guy, but I don´t like to pin my ideology onto just one person. I have never understood how anybody could do such a thing. Do you really suppose there is one human being who ever lived who really had all the answers? Doesn't that strike you as just a little bit silly?
That struck me as silly when I was a more of a Nazi then fascist and people kept trying to convince me Hitler knew more then modern Scientist about Race and Sexuality?

New Threads

Top Bottom