• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Awaiting aspie diagnosis

DanSco

Hi there.. I've been seeing a therapist for some time.. She picked up on some asperges traits so I did a couple of online tests. The scores come out quite high.. I would like to go private to get proper diagnosis but not sure of costs....

upload_2020-11-7_15-33-8.png

Hi and welcome. Finding strategies for how you are is helpful, and you don't need a diagnosis to do that, plenty of strategies for others here may work for you, and be applicable if you have high autistic traits. We don't all have a diagnosis here, either because we don't want one or can't get one. I hope you enjoy it here and find it useful and supportive.

:rocket::bluecar::helicopter::lorry::airplane::taxi::helicopter::fireengine::rocket:

Hi where do you live, i'm from the uk, and as a women paid for a private diagnosis.

Hello, you have come to the right forum, so welcome.

I think I have been truly blessed and no doubt it is my God, who helped, because I reside in France and there is very little chance of getting a diagnosis, mind for females and yet, when things started to happen, from the first appointment, to the final one with an expert in autism, I received my formal diagnosis and it was all free of charge!

So, yes, it is worth persuing, because being recognised by the state, benefits us. I have 100% medical coverage for 10 years, due to being on the autism spectrum and having severe socal anxiety. But, it does bring in a sense of guilt. Who am I, to receive such benefits? But, feel gratified too.

Hello, you have come to the right forum, so welcome.

I think I have been truly blessed and no doubt it is my God, who helped, because I reside in France and there is very little chance of getting a diagnosis, mind for females and yet, when things started to happen, from the first appointment, to the final one with an expert in autism, I received my formal diagnosis and it was all free of charge!

So, yes, it is worth persuing, because being recognised by the state, benefits us. I have 100% medical coverage for 10 years, due to being on the autism spectrum and having severe socal anxiety. But, it does bring in a sense of guilt. Who am I, to receive such benefits? But, feel gratified too.
Remember the state is doing it based on the tax people have given ,the employees of the state aren't paying, its a right you have ,its basically an old age pension just before 60 ,you need to remember that ,as it helps the government's excuse for not using tax money where they should, if you don't think you deserve it ,government ministers don't need it their salaries are astronomical.

Hi where do you live, i'm from the uk, and as a women paid for a private diagnosis.
Wiltshire ...But I don't know if I need to look out of the area to get anywhere... Can you self diagnose yourself or is it better to have a professional result?

In the regards to your question, i'm not sure, i paid as my GP was unable to see my Autism and i wanted to know, in regards to support, i don't get any........ i work but struggle due to difficulties 'fitting in' in my current job i've declaired my Autism but feel it's made little difference to any reasonable adjustments but that's only my experience, i just have found that N/T don't always understand or accept Autism as a 'different way of being' but rather a disability that needs to be removed.

One of the main advantages of having a formal diagnosis is if you were to ask for accommodations, that you have the paperwork to back it up with. Some employers are willing to provide adjustments and accommodations to anyone who asks, while some others will request supporting documentation (though generally speaking, that would be a doctor's note indicating what you need / would benefit from, rather than details of the diagnosis itself).

As others have noted, unless you want/need a formal diagnosis, don't feel obligated to get one. There are many people in the ASD world who are self-diagnosed and that's perfectly fine too. Who knows you better than yourself?

New Threads

Top Bottom