• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autistic traits more pronounced right after waking up

Isn't this called "not being a morning person"? It does take a short while for me to "boot up" sometimes, but after that I'm good to go.

I don't think the experience is unique to just people here, others I know of have the same issue.

i usually have to lie in bed at least 15-20 minutes in the morning before i can even get dressed. i usually have very vivid dreams and wake up feeling confused and unfocused. sweet breakfast foods usually helps with this, i don't like coffee. need at least a half hour before i feel like talking.
my sound sensitivity is especially pronounced when first waking up. it doesn't help that there are chickens where i'm living. they start there crowing about 5am, when i start to hear them i put on some headphones and listen to soft music. if i don't, i will be in a very angry mood for a couple hours. can't take showers first thing in the morning because my touch sensitivity is more pronounced, i take showers the night before.

Mine are basically the opposite. I am at my best in the morning usually. I love waking up early, but usually crash early unless my head is still running 100 miles an hour (like tonight). As the day wears on - it wears me out. All my fun little quirks start showing up as I get exhausted. First sign is usually my words start getting stuck, then I get aggravated at myself and sometimes embarrassed, or I start to want to be left alone because everything get harder to process. Its all good as long as I can get out of wherever I am and at least get started home reasonably soon. I get really quiet usually because my mental functions get out of sync with my physical functions... Its just so frustrating. But I appreciate that I am allowed some of the time most days that isn't a cluster of chaos.

Mine are basically the opposite. I am at my best in the morning usually. I love waking up early, but usually crash early unless my head is still running 100 miles an hour (like tonight). As the day wears on - it wears me out. All my fun little quirks start showing up as I get exhausted. First sign is usually my words start getting stuck, then I get aggravated at myself and sometimes embarrassed, or I start to want to be left alone because everything get harder to process. Its all good as long as I can get out of wherever I am and at least get started home reasonably soon. I get really quiet usually because my mental functions get out of sync with my physical functions... Its just so frustrating. But I appreciate that I am allowed some of the time most days that isn't a cluster of chaos.
I love waking up early as well, as long as I wake up myself, as opposed to being awoken by my alarm, my cats or my boyfriend. I'm at my most productive before 9 AM, provided I didn't get yanked out of my REM sleep.

New Threads

Top Bottom