• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism Awareness Scholarship

Naturalist

This listing came up on my college announcements, I don't have firsthand experience with the program myself but thought it might be useful to some of our college-age members:

http://www.eversparkinteractive.com/autism-awareness-scholarship

From the site:

"EverSpark Interactive is proud to launch our Autism Awareness Scholarship. We know firsthand the difficulties autism can be. Two of our staff members, including our CEO, have experienced the devastating effects autism can have on a person and their family.

"We understand the challenges autism presents to students affected by it, and know how difficult it can be to consider going to college. With the EverSpark Interactive Autism Awareness Scholarship, we aim to encourage students to pursue their secondary education. In addition, we hope to make it easier on families who want to send their autistic student to college.

"We also want to raise awareness for autism by encouraging students to study related fields in college. Together, we can reduce and even eliminate the effects of autism, and we want to help students who wish to pursue a career doing just that. We know that studying such an intense subject is difficult, so we hope the $1,000 scholarship will help students succeed in a real and tangible way.

"The EverSpark Interactive Autism Awareness Scholarship is available to achievement-oriented students who meet two key criteria:

• You are currently enrolled in or have been accepted to an accredited college or university, AND
  • You have been diagnosed with autism of any form OR are studying autism-related research at a university.
"Additional application details are below.

"We believe strongly in creating a world where higher education is accessible to everyone and where conditions like autism are not a barrier to success. We encourage all eligible students to apply and look forward to awarding this scholarship.

ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
  • Applicants must have a minimum 2.6 GPA
  • Applicants must submit an official copy of their transcript and an application form
  • Applicants must submit a video essay no longer than 2 minutes OR a written essay no longer than 1,000 words on one of the topics below.
Deadline for Applications: August 30
Essay Topics:

• Tell us about a time that autism created an obstacle or special challenge, and how you overcame it.
  • How has living with autism affected your goals and dreams for the future?
  • How did you learn to accept your autism, and how has this acceptance changed you?

To apply for the EverSpark Interactive Autism Awareness Scholarship, please complete our online application."

Money? Is this money only for Americans? Is this actually legit?

http://www.eversparkinteractive.com/services
You can contact the about the "Americans" question. I don't know the organization personally, but it might be because I just don't know about it. You could ask ASAN (Autism Self-Advocacy Network) if EverSpark Interactive is a valid org. or not, and then let us know if you get an answer to this.

New Threads

Top Bottom