• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism at another level.

People do not have a fixed personality.
I have embraced being a a&hole rather than being fake.
You think there is a conflict between the two?

I have instead embraced being kind. It is just as real and truthful as deciding to embrace not caring about how I hurt other people - and a lot more rewarding.

I have instead embraced being kind. It is just as real and truthful as deciding to embrace not caring about how I hurt other people - and a lot more rewarding.

If other people get hurt by words then that is out of my control. Which is why I said what I did because my knowing of who gets hurt by words and who does not is not something I can forsee, so instead I choose to be me and not trying to fake it.

Kindness is the most underrated quality and it is the one I value above all others.

You can be yourself and be kind. There is no need to "fake" kindness or try to predict how others will react to you. This is one of the lessons you learn in kindergarten "If you can't say anything nice, say nothing at all" . That is just about the easiest thing ever.

Last edited:
If other people get hurt by words then that is out of my control. Which is why I said what I did because my knowing of who gets hurt by words and who does not is not something I can forsee, so instead I choose to be me and not trying to fake it.
You have absolute control over your words. You can predict that certain words will probably hurt someone. Therefore you have some control over whether you hurt people with your words. You sound like someone speeding and swerving down a busy street and insisting you have no control over whether someone gets injured. Do not pretend to lack agency in the matter. That's a lie.

Many words are best left unspoken. Many things are best said with kindness rather than bluntness. Speaking your "mind" and alienating those around you merely leaves you with no one interested in anything you might say. What then was the point of speaking at all?

You have absolute control over your words. You can predict that certain words will probably hurt someone. Therefore you have some control over whether you hurt people with your words. You sound like someone speeding and swerving down a busy street and insisting you have no control over whether someone gets injured. Do not pretend to lack agency in the matter. That's a lie.

Many words are best left unspoken. Many things are best said with kindness rather than bluntness. Speaking your "mind" and alienating those around you merely leaves you with no one interested in anything you might say. What then was the point of speaking at all?

I did not say I intentionally try and think of hurtful things to say. I simply made the point that I say what I say without worrying about sugar coating or if my words might make someone feel bad. Again if they get alienated by the words I speak then that is on them not me. It's bad enough we are turning people into a bunch of fruitcakes and wussies but I will not be part of that mentality so either people talk to me or they can play in their buttercup world simple as that.

New Threads

Top Bottom