• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism and Faith - BBC programme 30 min - with podcast available

Alexej

V.I.P Member
There is a programme on the BBC website about this.
Here is the write up for the show. Beyond Believe is the programme that runs every week that looked at this topic this week.

Autism and Faith
Beyond Belief

How easy is it for autistic people to believe in God?

The National Autistic Society describe autism as a lifelong developmental disability that affects how people communicate and interact with the world. They say 1 in 100 of us may be autistic and the diagnosis of autism has risen dramatically in recent decades.

How are religious organisations responding to the needs of a growing number of their congregations?

Ernie Rae is joined by a panel of three autistic guests to discuss their experiences: Professor Grant Macaskill, the co-director of the Centre for Autism and Theology at the University of Aberdeen; Samantha Stein, a YouTuber with over seven million views, who set up an atheist summer camp; and Iqra Babar, a digital artist with a strong Muslim faith.

We also hear from TV quizzer Anne Hegarty, who is autistic and a Catholic, about her relationship with faith.

Samantha Stein is perhaps better known as Yo Samdy Sam from youtube.

This is where you can try get the download of the podcast
BBC Radio 4 - Beyond Belief - Downloads

The Centre for Autism and Theology at Aberdeen Uni is
Centre for Autism and Theology | The School of Divinity, History, Philosophy & Art History | The University of Aberdeen
and is also well worth having a look at.

Thanks, it was worth listening to. Have a strong interest in religion / spirituality and found I could relate to a lot of what they said. I would like to attend a church more often but I struggle with crowds like they talked about.
Often watch Anne Hegarty on The Chase. Didn't know she was a practising Catholic. Was nice to hear her talk about her religion.

New Threads

Top Bottom