• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism and crisis recovery

I wanted to start a thread on autism and sharing experience of crisis - not necessarily to vent but to perhaps provide support through insights and tips.

I had a crisis in 2018, no one could understand what I was really experiencing, largely due to maybe to the fact that it felt like I was exploding and shutting down in one. It lasted a few weeks and had some big impacts. Now it has been noted and is being looked into the fact I am most likely autistic and have been living all my 34 years as a high functioning. However. I find that it is maybe the symptoms of autism which are preventing recovery.

I think recovery from this is a challenge in itself but I wanted to open discussion about how people see the specific effects of their autism within recovery from crisis/breakdown.

One love

My happened at a palliative care place ,id never had it at that place, but I wanted to smash something,

I had no idea I was very high functioning ironic term, thought I was having a fit or something like that ,trying to cope with the living nightmare of my mother, now I know if I panic just observe it from inside my self remember how it changes mine are slightly different as it's perimenopausal now so it's not hours it can be days ,when I return to higher oestrogen levels it's better not wonderful watching something very non confronting is good I watch a craft channel with a particular presenter and wait still trying not to fight it ,prayer helps ,mindfulness colouring an adult colouring book

Hello streetwise, I love the phrase non confronting, definitely something I have become aware of in practise, I have also been watching crochet videos, quiet animations and colouring.

Can one expand on the little things without overwhelm...

I'll try she had been left alone I went back the next day I try again soon but I'm hyperventilating too much

I'll try she had been left alone I went back the next day I try again soon but I'm hyperventilating too much

Hi streetwise, I am new and I think I can see that I have wrote a confusing message in my last entry - I said about expanding on the little things - and I didn't at all mean to sound like I was asking for your personal and private story, because I really respect people's privacy.

My personal crisis came from an incident like Streetwise's, losing my Mom.

It is what led me to find I was high funtioning autistic. PTSD from it.
Never lived anywhere except with my parents I wasn't prepared.
Emotionally the depression never leaves and it's been eight years.
I house share with an older man who wanted companionship and help, but, he is one mean,
and foul mouthed person. I've never had to live like this before.

Continuing with learning on my own keeps my brain working, gardening is good and since he
won't allow for inside pets, I have a collection of pet frogs in the pool enclosure area.
Music and meditation daily.
If I can sleep without dreams also, I find peace.

New Threads

Top Bottom