• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism and Cancer, are they related somehow?

I see it a lot more with the younger generation of doctors...they are in it more for the money than the philanthropy of it all. I've been with my lab for a long time and I've seen an older generation transition to a younger one to an even younger one and this company has gone so downhill it's not even funny. It's one of the reasons why I'm going back to school to finish my education and get out of the medical field altogether. They just don't care anymore...any of them. I am lucky that my personal doctors all do, but I spent a lot of time amassing just the right group of them (plus, I'm a hard patient to deal with, so it's harder for me to keep them than for me to deal with them sometimes).

And then we have "interns" who are basically all pre-med students who work here doing grunt work and I try my best to instill in them that the paperwork they are handling are people, not just specimens or papers, but they just don't care either. They are too busy texting, talking, or doing their homework to care about the job. But they are cheap, non-benefit employees...so management doesn't care. These are the people handling healthcare today.
Must be a worldwide scenario.. The same kind of attitude can be found here in Japan as well. Its sad we just don't know how to relate with one another anymore.. We are just texts, pieces of paper etc. not even like humans anymore. I don't know if it was always like this or technology is making us this way? It's a sad world we live in though. :(

I'm so sorry to hear about your father, Tom. I just now read this.

My autistic tendencies show up strongly around illness and mortality. I never know what to say, and often freeze up completely. This week I lost an aunt, suddenly, and my grandmother has been in the hospital for weeks, on life-support. I have so much trouble processing it all that I stay up all night and write anonymous stuff on forums....

But in the short time I've known you in the chat here, I can tell you're a lovely, decent person and I want to let you know my thoughts are with you and your dad.

Must be a worldwide scenario.. The same kind of attitude can be found here in Japan as well. Its sad we just don't know how to relate with one another anymore.. We are just texts, pieces of paper etc. not even like humans anymore. I don't know if it was always like this or technology is making us this way? It's a sad world we live in though. :(
The UK profession of doctors have always had a snotty attitude! for instance surgeons are always called Mr instead of DOCTOR.

New Threads

Top Bottom