• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Augmenting Access to Autism Travel Resources in Spanish Speaking Communities

TravelingWiki

You may have seen the following article: "New estimates show almost 3% of Black, Hispanic, and Asian or Pacific Islander children have received autism diagnoses...While these same families are talking more about autism, that doesn’t mean they’re receiving the help needed."
Source: New Data Show Autism Diagnosis More Common In Black Children

To that end, my non profit - TravelingWiki.com: Wiki for Autism Resources at U.S. Airports (GenAI from MIT/Princeton/Google; Endorsed by Dan Rather Profiled Rep. Wayne Ford; Published in 50+ Media Outlets; Now Hiring for 2025 Internships) - has now launched TravelingWiki.com: Wiki for Autism Resources at U.S. Airports (GenAI from MIT/Princeton/Google; Endorsed by Dan Rather Profiled Rep. Wayne Ford; Published in 50+ Media Outlets; Now Hiring for 2025 Internships) - Special Needs (Autism, ALS, Dementia, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's and other non visible disability) travel [airport] resources are now provided in both Spanish and English on both TravelingWiki and ViajandoWiki, with the individual airports' resources labeled as "Spanish" where descriptions are available. Embedded media, including videos and relevant maps, will be publishing over the coming days.

I welcome any feedback on this work - to be clear, though I speak Spanish and am taking intensive Spanish language lessons to augment this non profit work, my work will be that much more effective if it is based on collaboration, with me learning from those that read and consume my content. I also do all this work entirely for free as a second, non profit job (on top of my for profit daytime work) under contract with the US TSA. I WELCOME FEEDBACK. If you have any feedback on the Spanish language resources (?), please let me know using the "Contact US" instructions on TravelingWiki or ViajandoWiki.com

New Threads

Top Bottom