• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Audio clip of the interview last night

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
Alright... Rather disappointed that the radio show didn't include my interview in their podcast... They did send me the audio clip though (MP3), but effectively it's as if it never happened... I did ask but haven't heard an answer back... Not that I want the glory, except that there is no evidence of the intervi

I hope this works, you may have to download the file to play it - A Little More Conversation interview.mp3

I'm not as eloquent as I could be

Last edited:
Just being able to do the interview without any awkwardness is likely to be a big deal for many of us.

Interesting, I never really thought about the whole process of approaching a complete stranger to get their photograph as well as "their story". Typical me, my focus would always be on the mechanics rather than the humanity of it all.

In any case, well done!

(Note: If the MP3 file cuts out, close it, reopen it and try to start at where it first cut out.)

Last edited:
Just being able to do the interview without any awkwardness is likely to be a big deal for many of us.

Interesting, I never really thought about the whole process of approaching a complete stranger to get their photograph as well as "their story". Typical me, my focus would always be on the mechanics rather than the humanity of it all.

In any case, well done!

(Note: If the MP3 file cuts out, close it, reopen it and try to start at where it first cut out.)
It was all questions I had not known in advance, it was all off the top of my head, had to think quick, not something I do well at on general...

@Judge

I love hearing people's stories when the opportunity presents itself, again maybe not a typical Autistic thing...

When I ask someone, I never know what the result might be...

@Judge

I love hearing people's stories when the opportunity presents itself, again maybe not a typical Autistic thing...

Another consideration of just how broad that autistic spectrum can really be. :cool:

@Judge

I'd be surprised if enjoying meeting strangers is typical on the spectrum.
I don't, but there is a reason for that.

Having been gang-stalked for decades, I avoid ppl in most situations.
I am pretty much a recluse these days. :cool:

Autistic ppl are known to dislike changing situations, but I have come across quite a few who are different in this.
"If you meet one autistic person, you meet one autistic person." ;)

I'd be surprised if enjoying meeting strangers is typical on the spectrum.
I don't, but there is a reason for that.
It probably isn't typical... I was doing it long before I was diagnosed, and have no reason to stop doing it now...

I used to be skeptical of street people telling me about their former, much more responsible situations, but now I have heard similar stories told from the top down. Still, they could say anything from CEO to horse whisperer with the same degree of skepticism on my part.
One shot I wish I'd gotten that may be available in Calgary was a young woman clearing snow from the sidewalk in front of her store. Having her using a pusher, in profile, was a good dynamic, but the fun bit was that she was keeping warm with the exercise, dressed very fashionably, but not generously.

New Threads

Top Bottom