• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspies with kids...

DogwoodTree

Still here...
Do you have any problems with your family inviting themselves over or insisting on high quantities of time with your kids? Seems like it's one thing for a single person to say, "You know, I've had enough time with you lately. I just want some space." ...and a completely different thing for a parent to say to their parents, "I've had enough time with you lately. Give us all some space." It's especially difficult to make that call when the kids like the extended family members so much (because they get doted on and spoiled).

I wonder how much of this is my own AS and how much is my family being overly enmeshed. Maybe I look more autistic when compared with their over-dependency on each other? Sometimes I wonder if my AS scores might even be lower if I were involved in more healthy relationships to begin with (working on that).

I couldn't imagine having children but my family don't invite themselves over, my parents are very planning oriented people (and they live far away)
I don't see my extended family.

New Threads

Top Bottom