• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspies and Facebook

I have FB, but I don't really use it often, except for the occasional post or picture. It's not that I dislike it, it's just not my thing.

I have two FB accounts, a personal account and, a professional account. I log the personal account perhaps once or twice a month and, the professional once or twice a year. Noting of interest to add to the professional account very often and, most people seem to want to post gossip, rumors and family arguments too often for me to enjoy my personal account.

I love Facebook because of the pages I 'like' on it. They post really good content, particularly inspirational/beautiful graphics, and I like to collect those. Same goes for the autism-related pages I like. The girl with the curly hair is a favorite of mine.

I do have a fb bit I can't stand it. My mom forced me to get it when I had my daughter and she wants me to keep it so she can see pics of her and such but I really don't care about looking at pictures of babies and vacation and dinners etc. Not sure of that's an aspie thing but I'm just indifferent to it all. The only things its good for is reminding me of birthdays because I never remember lol

I've learned that Facebook can be very damaging to my mental health as a socially isolated person because every time I log in, all I see are statuses and pictures of my "friends", most of whom I never talk to anyways, having fun, getting out of their house, socializing with people they care about, looking happy and loved. It's a slap in the face every time because I don't have any of that.

I took a solo road trip a few months ago, and it took me a few months to get comfortable with the idea of posting those pictures on Facebook. A part of me has this urge to post lots of pictures of random things so I can also give off the impression that I also "have a life", even though none of those pictures are going to involve or reference any other people. But then I decided that was going to send me down a bad mental path and not logging into Facebook in the first place was a wiser idea.

Facebook.
People taking pictures of their food.
People saying which movie they are going to see.
People making the duck face (STILL).

It is mainly useful to me because 2 relatives use
the IM feature.

I used to be on FB. After several months I got sick of it. I found a lot of nosey, gossipy people on there. All the bullies from my school were all on it. I have no desire to go back to FB.

I got one in December solely for Tinder. I have no use for it and don't post there. I have "friends" on it, but that's only because I thought they were needed for Tinder.

I check facebook daily, but i almost never post anything on it. I joined facebook to keep contact with some of my friends who live in another city and former classmates, but i never talk to them :) Most posts i see on facebook seem kinda pointless and sometimes i am wondering why i am even using facebook. I think if you are not popular, even if you post something cool or intresting it doesnt get many likes just because your not popular, i could be wrong but it seems that way.

I post on Facebook all the time, I used to be very open and post personal stuff, but I now have my Blog for that, and after being attacked online by cyber trolls for being unemployed and allegedly being gay because I watch wrestling, I've actually closed my account more than once, but always gone back eventually.

I have facebook but I don't like the most things peoplepost, just gossip, party, senseless stuff; in common very meanigless stuff.
You can stay in contact with people from far away, relatives living far apart and that are really nice things but well I don't even use it for that kind of stuff because everything else with FB ist so annoying.
Sometimes I use the messenger to reach people I have no mobile number

I have zero use for Facebook. It full of misinformation and causes a lot of hurt feeling.

i'd consider this just to join the groups based on the things that interest me in life,but the dangers that come with facebook made me feel otherwise.

FB is where I've done most of my social interacting for the last several years, especially with the COVID. My contacts in meat space were always distant and they always tended to dry up. The last one tore my heart out and fed it to me raw so I'm gonna stick to being mostly online.

I LOVE Facebook. Not to specifically see friends but to stay connected to specific groups I tend to be heavily involved with. I.e. the local mountain bike groups and wilderness camping groups. I love learning and sharing data about our interest.

Not an autism thing. Just your own personal interests because there are tons of autistics on Facebook, including myself. There are whole autism groups on Facebook I've joined.

New Threads

Top Bottom