• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

aspie mum, hello all

calliope

Hi everyone. I'm a mum to two kids who I home educate (unschooling). I'm self diagnosed and have my first assessment in January. I also have depression and am taking sertraline. Currently feeling very down, not keen on this time of year. Just want to curl up and hide away from the constant sensory assault. Happy to have found this place as I've just quit facebook.

Nice to see you, welcome to the club! Sorry to hear you are feeling down, I hope getting a diagnosis helps in some way, it did for me. I know what you mean about sensory assault, it's summer where I live and I have to wear earmuffs and headphones all day to block out all the extra noise as everyone, nature included, gets more excited. It makes me feel very isolated and bad tempered. I also quit facebook a few years ago, you'll find that people here have more essential things to say, and are better mannered when doing so. I wish you good luck, and I hope you find a home here :)

Hi and welcome

I am officially unofficially diagnosed: so by one who has a son who is an aspie and another one who worked with one. But am intending to try and get an official diagnosis in the new year, since NT who need to know, will only be willing to accept I have it, that way!

I do not need to worry about this time of year, for I do not celebrate, but do get overwhelmed when out shopping and cannot wait to get out.

I am sorry you suffer depression, but I am curious if you are taking meds, surely they should be making you better? I was on prozac for over 15 years, but found that they caused depression rather than diminished it and after going against dr's orders, I did cold turkey, suffered horrendous withdrawal symptoms, but one month later, all disappeared and amazingly, chronic migraines vanished; I lost weight and found that I wanted to enjoy the day and gone are the heavy blackness I often felt. I did a bit of online research and discovered there are two types of depression: social and clinical; I had social and that is why these tablets caused depression! I do suffer the occasional melancholy but find that natural anti anxiety tablets works wonders and for and for a long time, with no side effects.

You will hopefully feel very much better soon, just by being on here! I think it is the BEST forum in the world!

Hello! We have a few things in common, I home ed my children too and I guess you could say we're unschooling although I've never really read much about home ed theory. I just had an assessment a week ago and found out I had Aspergers. I did suspect I had it but spent the whole year being told by the NHS that it was everything except Aspergers.

Nice to meet you, welcome to the forum :)

New Threads

Top Bottom