• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Asking someone for their number?

Droopy

Founder & Former Admin
V.I.P Member
Does anyone shy away from asking people for their phone number? At what point during the friendship do you ask them and how? Do you have to be friends for a certain amount of time before it would be acceptable to ask? What if it's a female that you are looking the number of but not in a dating type of way? Is it acceptable to ask over Facebook? lol

Anyone help?

I do not think I would go as far as asking on facebook. I don't know. Kind of informally I would imagine. Like if you are comfortable enough to be friends, just ask when there is a genuinely lateral conversion. If all else fails, use Facebook. I think having the nerve to actually phone is the hardest part!

Good luck! Hope it goes well for you.

Interesting question...as I have been thinking back, I think I have always freely given my number to people, but rarely recall asking for theirs.

Well I managed to get the phone numbers of two female associates whom I haven't seen in ages. The other I talk to on MSN sometimes but haven't got her number yet. I have been using the numbers to organize social outings with them and my other friends. It wasn't as hard as I initially thought it would be (given the fact they were merely associates and I hadn't talked to or seen them in ages).

I don't ask for peoples numbers, unless I've known them for two months. I also don't give away my number, unless I've known the person for two months.

I heard it can be easier to get an email address, first, especially with girls. It seems to vary a lot so I'm not sure there's general rules about it!

I heard it can be easier to get an email address, first, especially with girls. It seems to vary a lot so I'm not sure there's general rules about it!
Yes, that actually is very much true but I normally take my time before I start with the emails and the phone numbers.
It's easier just to get to know the person before you can decide to ask or they ask?

I have a TERRIBLE time asking people (especially females --potential dates--) for their numbers. I just get too anxious. But there have been times when I really wanted their number so I could text message them rather than talk face-to-face (it's so much easier for me, because I can analyze what I say before I send the message), but couldn't bring myself to ask. I've even gone so far as to find it myself without asking them at all. Which they usually interpret as "creepy". =/

Even if I'm friends with a girl for quite some time, I find it equally difficult to ask them on a date or for their number.

New Threads

Top Bottom