• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

ASD residency

Kayla55

Is is wrong to force professionals who wish to charge private OT fees a residency and ensure they provide a certain time of work delivering services to families with ASD 3 as part of their studies. We taught them everything they know not the other way around.

Realize that there are individuals with autism who may be gifted in certain areas but who are extremely challenged in others. Conversely, students with the label of severe disabilities can possess exceptional talents. In other words, students labeled as high-functioning may be severely disabled by their autism. And those who are labeled as low- functioning may be less affected by the characteristics associated with autism.

Generally, those who are labeled as having a severe cognitive impairment are individuals who have greater difficulty with social skills, and academic performance. During the past several years, professionals and family members have become keenly aware that traditional methods for measuring true intelligence, such as standardized tests, are often flawed in ways that can reap highly unreliable results. Although information gained through the process of testing can provide us with valuable information about how a person learns and about areas of difficulty, standardized tests are virtually never a true predictor of future success.

Next time you see someone else battling, think how much more strain their family has,

I think it's awesome to at least try inclusion, inclusion of varied communication techniques and also extra language support for asd 1 and 3
Allow bathroom assistance....I think it also helps everyone come to terms with struggling and relating.

When my son was non-verbal I would wonder what he thinking all day, turned out he was really smart. That was happiest day for me!

I'm hearing a lot again from how inclusion in mainstream schools doesn't always work. This varied support level encompasses many varied learning curves and adopts Montessori approach to learn at your own pace
It's an idea

So I have this wonderful collection of nature movies that my children must watch, and they love this watching what polar bears do all day.
But despite not writing or keeping up with 'normal' children I have collection of home school videos that explain curriculum but better than teacher, some science videos are animated and explain concepts like kinetic energy so nicely.
So we have these video times where children still entitled to education level even if can't write fast enough!!!
I really believe that taking education away from disabled people or giving less education is most spirit breaking abuse.

Think homeschooling let me pick my daughter's interests, to keep school lively. She wanted to write a lot, like everyday in 3rd grade. So that's what we did. She loved science in 4th grade. So we did tons of science projects. There wasn't emphasis on grading or final test results, as you don't need to stress little minds that just enjoy learning. I graded papers, and it wasn't a big deal. Creating and pursuing learning was the main goal. Something the American education system lost sight of many eons ago. Also homeschooling allowed her to get up when she wanted without school bells. I still hate those bells. Lol

Last edited:
Is is wrong to force professionals who wish to charge private OT fees a residency and ensure they provide a certain time of work delivering services to families with ASD 3 as part of their studies. We taught them everything they know not the other way around.

Realize that there are individuals with autism who may be gifted in certain areas but who are extremely challenged in others. Conversely, students with the label of severe disabilities can possess exceptional talents. In other words, students labeled as high-functioning may be severely disabled by their autism. And those who are labeled as low- functioning may be less affected by the characteristics associated with autism.

Generally, those who are labeled as having a severe cognitive impairment are individuals who have greater difficulty with social skills, and academic performance. During the past several years, professionals and family members have become keenly aware that traditional methods for measuring true intelligence, such as standardized tests, are often flawed in ways that can reap highly unreliable results. Although information gained through the process of testing can provide us with valuable information about how a person learns and about areas of difficulty, standardized tests are virtually never a true predictor of future success.

Next time you see someone else battling, think how much more strain their family has,
A lawyer and having money can help be able to provide of such opportunities. Otherwise, look into composing legislation that could help gather gvnt. funding for this purpose to be served more properly.
A professional could argue that they have to be so much work to help that person integrate into society better. Otherwise, why would that person be needing help from the professional ?

Think homeschooling let me pick my daughter's interests, to keep school lively. She wanted to write a lot, like everyday in 3rd grade. So that's what we did. She loved science in 4th grade. So we did tons of science projects. There wasn't emphasis on grading or final test results, as you don't need to stress little minds that just enjoy learning. I graded papers, and it wasn't a big deal. Creating and pursuing learning was the main goal. Something the American education system lost sight of many eons ago. Also homeschooling allowed her to get up when she wanted with out school bells. I still hate those bells. Lol
Amazing and yes, I fully see personalised aspect of writing.
Did you as parent ever feel needed time out, parents don't go on holiday without kids. Also working or earning money and homeschooling can place pressure on the budget, a son may also need speech and OT
Beauty Montessori was I left him there and felt non-pressure as he can study as he picks his activities, that areas I'm weak on he has access to proper teacher who keeps full grammar.
Montessori often is tolerant of home schooling and coming back to school as others schools may not take child back.

My child fit in fine with younger kids, but it seemed she struggled to find acceptance as all high school students do. She then went to a performing arts HS, and l believe that was the turning point in her life when she had friends and interesting curriculum to pursue. She then went to a community college, and finished at a university, and now is gainfully employed. As a parent, l had no idea she was on the spectrum. I thought her specialized interests where quite normal. She would dissappear working on projects, or gaming, or sewing, or playing guitar for hours. So l never scolded her for the long hours she spent pursuing her interests as a young adult. I guess budgeting expenses was okay.

My child fit in fine with younger kids, but it seemed she struggled to find acceptance as all high school students do. She then went to a performing arts HS, and l believe that was the turning point in her life when she had friends and interesting curriculum to pursue. She then went to a community college, and finished at a university, and now is gainfully employed. As a parent, l had no idea she was on the spectrum. I thought her specialized interests where quite normal. She would dissappear working on projects, or gaming, or sewing, or playing guitar for hours. So l never scolded her for the long hours she spent pursuing her interests as a young adult. I guess budgeting expenses was okay.
Wonderful to hear a success story, parents really have vital role to play. Did you find you were her safety net or that even if you not on spectrum that asd daughters still look at parents for role models

A lawyer and having money can help be able to provide of such opportunities. Otherwise, look into composing legislation that could help gather gvnt. funding for this purpose to be served more properly.
A professional could argue that they have to be so much work to help that person integrate into society better. Otherwise, why would that person be needing help from the professional ?
That is like their articles before start making money...doctors and lawyers. Medical field requires many years, unlike IT not much changes that one has to keep up with!!
V is for vendetta if you watch movie it tackles issue of those who locked in asylum for research into vaccines...v explains feeling of escaping into the rain. Strange thing about Alice in resident evil is how it doesn't affect her to see dead clones of herself, or stop to ever question her existence and if what she does is right?
So should v have locked Evie up so she could better understand the revolution...big um. I think we all have built in survival skills and with limiting asd persons expressions it debilitates the way NT people will assert their own will or survival even when they are in wrong. So Evie shouldve understood from her perspective, reflected on her views and injected her proposed outcomes. That's just my view

New Threads

Top Bottom