• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

asd, adhd, major depressive disorder

hey guys im a 2nd yr uni student studying computer science. i dont have alot of friends. i like what i do. currently im on buopropion ritalin and melatonin. i lived in nz for 10+years but still couldnt fit in. i study really hard so that i can be competitive enough to return to my home country upon graduation. nice to meet all of you.

Welcome. I hope you find these forums somewhere that you do fit. What country is it that you want to return to?

china. i know this is a western forum and china gets a bad rep. but i really enjoyed my childhood there and when i travel back, i dont know. i feel like i am apart of it. i even feel some of my asd traits are gone when im back. im comfortable to chit chat with ppl, walking down the street,etc.

There is nothing wrong with missing your people and your culture. I have seen a lot of the racism that many asian people suffer in western countries too so I imagine life isn't always very easy for you.

Welcome.

Each person is different of course, but I think it's natural for someone who grew up in a certain area and with a certain culture to have that as their "default" home and to associate most with it and to miss it, especially if their relocation was not by their choice.

welcome to af.png

hey guys im a 2nd yr uni student studying computer science. i dont have alot of friends. i like what i do. currently im on buopropion ritalin and melatonin. i lived in nz for 10+years but still couldnt fit in. i study really hard so that i can be competitive enough to return to my home country upon graduation. nice to meet all of you.
Welcome.=)

Hello and welcome.

I am not one of them, but there are lots of computer science folks around here. I’m confident that you will find some sort of acceptance here if you spend time reading through all the different threads. I suppose western culture is the one mostly represented here, but we are a worldwide group. Our perspectives on things vary wildly and yet we get along for the most part.

New Threads

Top Bottom