• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Argentine nun apparently received death threats for suggesting Mary was not a virgin

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is one of the reasons why, i don't understand the concept of following religion of any kind. it's clear to me it is "man made" and another system of control. lies upon lies, and when those lies are confronted, people are shunned from the religious community, or met with hostility and anger, passive aggressiveness, all sorts. its brain washing. and its wrong

I would say science as much of an ideology or doctrine as anything else. Not that it's really relevant,
It's a common misunderstanding. But absolutely a misunderstanding. Science as commonly used today is based on the scientific method which is a method of asking questions. Doctrine distinctly asks no questions.

It's a common misunderstanding. But absolutely a misunderstanding. Science as commonly used today is based on the scientific method which is a method of asking questions. Doctrine distinctly asks no questions.
Does science ask questions about the fundamental principles and assumptions of science itself?

Last edited:
Does science ask questions about the fundamental principles and assumptions of science itself?
It does with every observation. Nobody makes a name in the sciences doing me-too science. Just in my lifetime we have gone from an isostatic earth to a dynamic earth of plate tectonics, dinosaurs went from failed lizards to warm-blooded, very active, animals, which are still with us as birds. And there are lots more, including my favorite, Molecular Genetics.

Yes. This falls under metaphysics which is one of the main pillars of philosophy. As far as I'm aware it is generally accepted that if a model is capable of functional predictability (this means the output lines up with reality when given input identical to a certain state of reality) then the fundamental assumptions used to deduce the model are temporarily valid. Considering we can use this functional predictability to figure out we can do stuff like smoothly glide heavy metal wagons over rails using electromagnets that seems like a reasonable decision to me.

Last edited:
What is the point of this thread?

Some sort of debate about Mary's gynecological status
at various points in her life?
Or what?

A similar question was asked in Post #5 and I haven't seen
that it's been answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom