• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are you writing a book?

Momo

Well-Known Larrikin
I was just wondering if there could be a section for book lovers and people working on books in order to share work and get feedback? Are there any authors out there looking for beta readers, and beta readers looking for authors? If not, I'll just go crawl back into my hovel of isolation. So lonely...

I think this thread will be very popular! I'd love to read someones work.
I have a bunch of manuscripts I'm working on currently, but one I love in perticular, and no one to read them. Problem is, I never know if they're good enough to be published. Then reach 90,000 words and discover no one wants it... the work!

I was just wondering if there could be a section for book lovers and people working on books in order to share work and get feedback? Are there any authors out there looking for beta readers, and beta readers looking for authors? If not, I'll just go crawl back into my hovel of isolation. So lonely...
wish i could get largest print books as my eyes are in old sight mode
i was nearly blind before i had laser surgery to its still tiring to read but i cant get used to electronic books
TOUCHSCREEN phones are witchcraft to me

youve sta
youve started something now my eyes go large and get glazed like toad of toad hall in the wind in the willows when he saw a car go passed
i immediatedly grabbed in my mind the hasidic tales of the holocaust its waiting for me on ebay

My latest nonfiction book about our young two Autistic children dealing with life and the medical community is self-published, written professionally, and available to be purchased through our website by clicking on my profile, if anyone is interested.

I am also the type who would give honest reviews for their works. I read Buzzerfly's book and really loved that. I posted a review on Amazon about her book.

My latest nonfiction book about our young two Autistic children dealing with life and the medical community is self-published, written professionally, and available to be purchased through our website by clicking on my profile, if anyone is interested.

I am also the type who would give honest reviews for their works. I read Buzzerfly's book and really loved that. I posted a review on Amazon about her book.
Honest review you say? Would you be interested in reading a first chapter or two, I just want to see if this book I'm writing has any potential. I'm 40,000 words into it now...Sorry if I'm asking for too much. I'd be happy to read yours too.

Sure. I would love to read a sample chapter or two. It would just take a few days to read it, as I like rereading things, and organizing my thoughts about longer things that I read.

Sure. I would love to read a sample chapter or two. It would just take a few days to read it, as I like rereading things, and organizing my thoughts about longer things that I read.
That would be fantastic! Do you have email? I only have it as word, but I could put it in PDF... or if there's another way to send it.

Hi. Yes, just send it to my email address. I could read it either way, non-PDF or PDF. If it is not too hard for you, send it PDF. Otherwise, the other is fine. I look forward to reading it and giving my opinion on it.

Last edited:
There is a Big writing thread here somewhere...but you could talk about it here!:)
I have a religious book ..and like 3 science fiction things I am sort of working on...I need to write more...I only seem to write well at night when no people are around to bother me all the time.
It takes time to get in the creation zone...a knock on the door ruins it all!:(

There is a Big writing thread here somewhere...but you could talk about it here!:)
I have a religious book ..and like 3 science fiction things I am sort of working on...I need to write more...I only seem to write well at night when no people are around to bother me all the time.
It takes time to get in the creation zone...a knock on the door ruins it all!:(

I often have to do lengthy writings at nights too, as it is hard to concentrate totally with two children having sometimes minute-by-minute educational and other needs. But, this is not when I have the most energy, as by days end I am a bit drained. The good thing is I do not require much sleep though.

New Threads

Top Bottom