• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are you right, left or both handed?

Are you right, left, or both handed?

• Right handed

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Left handed

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Ambidextrous

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
I'm righthanded... I'm so clumsy with my left hand... couldn't save my life with it

Ambidextrous for most all things except for writing. I can only write with my right hand.

My right hand is my dominant hand, but anything I can do with my right hand, I can pretty much do with my left hand, although not as well due to a lack of practice.

I'm right handed by my origin, but have been learned using both hands. I found the process of wiring my brains anew, sort of, to be really interesting task.

I listed ambidextrous but it is more accurate to say I am confused-handed. It is weird because it always feels more correct with one hand or the other but depends on the task. I preferentially use my left or right hand depending on what I am doing. I shoot pool left handed and am lefty for most other aiming stuff like archery and rifles. I can write with either hand but usually do it right handed because that is the way I initially learned and I have had more practice. I open jars left handed. I shave with both hands depending on which side of my face I am working on. I like to do wood finishing and I switch off when one hand gets tired and that is very handy when you are French polishing old furniture.

I think I was supposed to be a lefty but was encouraged to use my right hand instead in elementary school.

I'm right handed by my origin, but have been learned using both hands. I found the process of wiring my brains anew, sort of, to be really interesting task.

I have a theory that aspies benefit by switching their dominant hands for various tasks. My hypothesis is that doing this forces our brain hemispheres to engage differently. My reasoning for suggesting this comes from neuroanatomy. People on the spectrum have smaller corpus callosums than NTs. The corpus callosum is the brain structure that connects the two brain hemispheres so they can talk to each other. People on the spectrum are also deficient in global brain connectivity but often have specialized areas that become greatly enhanced. This is thought to be an explanation for savant skills that some aspies have.

If I you are an Aussie, it is an interesting fact that marsupial mammals lack a corpus callosum.

Of course I'm LEFT HANDED! Om G-d...right handed people should be...oh crap let me censure myself... ;)
Wtf? :p I can be ambidexterous...but mainly I'm lefty...ya know, the MOST CREATIVE people are lefties... :wavespin:

This post was approved by my Rabbi... ;)

Last edited:
Left handed for writing and eating, but tend to do most other things right handed because that's the way I learned them. Had physical therapy once and the therapist guessed I was right handed after looking at my posture/muscles/etc while standing up.

New Threads

Top Bottom