• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are you ready for this?

It's much quieter. The other one bothered me for 8 years.

We had a ''everythings defrosting' emergency.'

Bought a new one.

Turns out it was not broken.

Got the new one.

Broke one of the shelves soon after it arrived.

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Careful, they have single-use shelves, they're meant for Mario game mushrooms. You can break them with your head.

You can have this fridge for $600....

Double that and then you get to the cheap ones...

Bought a fridge/freezer in america a few years back, saved a fortune by not having all the ice crushing,drink options in the doorway. Just something extra that's going to break.[/QUO

Ha. Our new $2000+ double French door, black stainless steel 'frig with large pullout freezer drawer makes about 3 ice cubes a day, as if people who live in the South never use ice. I have to stockpile ice in a plastic bag in the freezer every day to have enough on hand for cold drinks. Won't do that again!

What turned out to be wrong with your old one?

My old one was put in the house in 1992 and had been there since about 2015. It made a lot of noise but still always worked. They don't make them like they used to. There were 2 fridges on the side of the road in the neighborhood that year, which I brought home on my dolly cart. A 3 year old fridge with a totally dead compressor which I took for scrap. And a nice looking 4 year old fridge that just needed a defrost heater. Even that young, the part was discontinued. I did some research and found one with the same dimensions on Ebay. Soldered and heat shrank the wire connections of the dead heater onto the new heater and it worked great. I thought I'd save money due to a much lower amp draw than the old fridge, but the new fridge was bigger which offset any energy savings.

New Threads

Top Bottom