• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are You Concerned Over cheap Labour?

Amazingly, politicians in my country seem to have this idea that those of us who study hard to acquire skills are somehow on a personal gain trip. The attitude is you should fund your own education yourself, given you alone seemingly benefit from all the hard work. In other words, they view education in terms of financial, personal gain. Clearly, that is a very flawed point of view. Society basically reaps what it sows. Invest in your population (especially the young) and they will have the skills to stand more chance in the global job market. Fail to invest or pass the buck to individual responsibility, and you get high levels of unemployment.
I know it may sound a bit radical, but I consider this country to have a stingy, backward, mean mentality and I figure the consequences of that will be unavoidable. You have to invest in people and use State money to get something back. All of this begrudging educational funding and reasonable levels of welfare protection will lead to crime, social tension, more unemployment and a dead end.
If it were up to me all of that would change and the current crop of politicians would be out. You know the old saying about new wine skins for new bottles.

It's a disturbing trend in most labor statistics here. The economic recovery is mired in a consistent increase in lower-paying, part-time jobs.

Makes one wonder if this is really a recovery at all. I know some economists argue that very point...

I hate poverty and the lack of companies willing to pay a descent wage. Really the sad part is to them that salary is a million bucks. But really if we had a world wide minimum wage it spike prices up. For us it would mean no more cheap stuff from china . And people in poor countries it would mean hyperinflation ( the more money in a monitary system the less the currencey is worth) witch will lead to starvation ( food prices rising by 300%) . Really the only way to fix that is to systematicly improve the countries econemy. If there were jobs in mexico no one would come here.

There is no magic bullet. If we want growth like japan and singipore we need to find a niche that will allow them to make money. Which will go to taxes and lead to universal schooling and eventually a first world country.

In the meantime though you have civil unrest starvation and unemployment. Yeah our world is very screwed up like that. I belive in health care for everyone, giving people chance, and basicly working towards giving everyone there basic needs. If i became mentaly ill ther would be no help. Just scorn. If i got sick and cant pay for it. Too bad. Really i may suck at empathy but i know its heartless to send you parent to nurseing homes to die.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here in New Zealand I feel there has been a steady rate of undermining workers rights and now pay rates. What unions that we have, have had to amelgamate or close, so the only a hand full left. inflation is goin up faster than the normal persons pay rate (apart from Politicians).

New Threads

Top Bottom