• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are you a morning person or a night person?

Peace

V.I.P Member
I have always been a morning person. I like to get up early, and have my coffee by the fire or by the window. I also love this time to clean. Most everything I do around the house is really quiet so I do not wake anyone up.
I do not do well trying to stay up late. I usually make it until 11 or 12, but I am useless after 10. I average five hours of sleep a night. What I do in my sleep, is another subject all together.

I've always been a morning person too! I'm the most productive in the morning. Usually after 1-3 pm my energy saps away and I can't do a lot anymore. I go to bed around 9-10 pm, staying up much later is really hard for me. I generally wake up early. My current medication helps me sleep, it makes me sleep longer and feel sleepier (which isn't handy during the day, though).

Are you a morning person, or a night person?

Morning for me please. l love getting up with the sun. It is my Zen time. No one else around, no phone calls, no visitors. I sip tea or coffee and do anything from fishing to reading.

Re: Are you a morning person, or a night person?

Night person for sure. Regularly grumpy until the sun goes down, lol

My zentime is at midnight, and is a time I more get out for a walk then I do during the day. I should add that I practically have an inverse sleeping pattern anyway, so often I'm not in bed before 9 in the morning (and as such I'll make a run for groceries before bedtime at 8 in the morning)

Night owl for sure! I love the serenity of the night sky and the atmosphere around me. It's so peaceful and beautiful to be surrounded by the crisp air and all the stars and the moon. It's also a time when I like to have fun with friends (i.e., going out to dinner, seeing a movie, going to a nightclub, etc.). It's also the time when I feel like I am at my peak concentration levels - I usually did my homework from 8 PM to around midnight when I was in college.

I'm definitely a night owl. Nighttime is when I feel most creative and inspired, maybe because everyone else is in bed. I often stay up really late listening to music and writing in my diary. It's been a while since I was asleep before 3 AM.

I prefer the night, maybe because I live in a tropical place and temperatures are more comfortable at night. It is also when I get more focusable to study or work.

This question reminded me of Tolkien's Silmarillion. In his mythology, during the Eldest Days, there was only the night and starts in the sky, and only after a long time (and a lot of stories) the Valar/gods created the moon and the sun. But the mankind only woke up on Earth after the creation of the sun, so they enjoyed the sunlight and feared the night. The elves, because were created before that, always prefered the sight of the stars.

Night. That's when all the idiots stop making their noise.

Night time person for sure. My girlfriend complains how grumpy I am in the morning. Of course I need coffee to get me going. Coffee is the elixir of life :)

Knowing me, I'm not a morning person but more of an evening person and I simply don't have any explanation why? Ever since September till January and April till present, I've been nothing but a night time person.

Note: I have merged the two duplicate threads together.

Knowing me, I'm not a morning person but more of an evening person and I simply don't have any explanation why? Ever since September till January and April till present, I've been nothing but a night time person.

It's actually typical for people to peak in the evening: many are at their best around 9 PM and worst around 4 AM.

Me, I'm a severe morning person if left to my devices...but my devices aren't left alone that often.

Night owl. Used to love that very much. But lately have wanted to be a morning person.

Both...during the week 4:30am is my wake up time, and I always seem to be wide awake, ready for the day.

On the other hand, I enjoy the serenity night seems to bring me on the weekends, relaxing alone studying up on my interests, usually cruising into the early AM hours.

:happy: Awww thanks! Yes in the morning I need coffee to kick start the brain... I'm jealous of morning people. Seems like a less troublesome life being a morning person. Though I am a creative krazy person

Maybe this icon will help? :coffee:

New Threads

Top Bottom