• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are women with kids more attracted to masculine men?

One of the going theories (if you can call it that) is that in general,
woman seem to like masculine men more when they're ready for having children,
and once they do have children, they go for softer, more caring men.

It seems plausible to me.
When you want to make a child, you look for good genes. Men that are strong, or seem strong would provide such genes.
Once the child is born, a strong macho man is not as interesting anymore compared to a caring, loving father. (not to say physically strong men arn't good fathers)
I'm muscular and am generally nice. I've seen some strong men make great husbands and fathers, I've also seen skinny alcoholic guys and out of shape guys abuse their wife. Being strong doesn't equate to being mean and being physically weak, doesn't equate to being nice.

I'm muscular and am generally nice. I've seen some strong men make great husbands and fathers, I've also seen skinny alcoholic guys and out of shape guys abuse their wife. Being strong doesn't equate to being mean and being physically weak, doesn't equate to being nice.

I agree Shiznown.
But we are being rational about it. I don't think most people are in a rational state of mind when they fall in love or choose a partner.

People should and can be rational about such matters, but that requires a form of mental self-discipline most lack. If love is just an emotion or a mood, then it can change or swing.

So if love is to endure, then we have to choose it, pursue it, and commit to it. Otherwise, it is a perishable product like any other feeling.

People should and can be rational about such matters, but that requires a form of mental self-discipline most lack. If love is just an emotion or a mood, then it can change or swing.

So if love is to endure, then we have to choose it, pursue it, and commit to it. Otherwise, it is a perishable product like any other feeling.
Yes. I've tried explaining this to a family member that just had a terrible breakup. She then said if love is logical and rational, it can't possibly be love.
Allot of people seem to cling to the idea that logic has no place is emotion, its an invisible boundry which is defended rigorously.
I can agree to certain extent, but I think they're confusing passion and chemestry with love.

New Threads

Top Bottom