• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are Aspie Minds always in Overdrive ? It's long term effects ?

Most of the time, especially if I'm in problem solving mode.

But then again, at times, I do like to sit idly and daydream out the window.

Awsome thread! I can totally relate! My mind things 3 different things same time most of time. When i analyze something is even worse. It is like viewing future scenarios in 10 seconds interval. Neurotypicals complain all the time that i am impossible to follow so i make conscious effort to lower the amount of info i give. Often failing though. So happy to hear that you guys share this feeling.

I think I can relate to this a lot and think I might have had/having an Autistic Burnout. By the way I am 41.

Looking back at a lot of the traits and foibles I have is suggestive of Aspergers. However I was functioning pretty well in work. But over the past few years I have found my ability to cope with life events/stressful situation and dealing with people generally has diminished. I have suffered badly with depression and had more outbursts and anger management issues.

I have felt completely drained mentally and physically and am tiring out very quickly. So I am think I am in still suffering from this condition.

I actually see this is good as although I will always have Aspergers issues to deal with, I more more hopeful that I can deal with the challenges a bit better.

There is also the issue of feeling completely drained after an intense period of thinking. Where I just zone out and often just feel fuzzy.

I do this all the time, there is always something going on in my mind. I also get sidetracked a lot. While reading about one thing, something else gets my interest. Then I have to ether write it down on a sticky note for later or go right to the new interest. My desk area is always covered in sticky notes. If I'm involved in something that is very complex, that's all I can think about. I just can't stop until I find a solution. Of course this does not help sleeping at all. I figured out a lot of problems in the middle of the night. I like being this way, after all my mind is my biggest source of entertainment.

I can relate to this a lot.

My mind races so fast I need to take notes constantly. I suspect either Aspergers or adhd. It’s gotten worse over the years, I can’t read, concentrate or remember well. I hate doing colouring books and jigsaws

New Threads

Top Bottom