• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are all souls exactly alike?

If we are to be happy in Heaven, does this require consciousness? If we are to meet our ancestors and loved ones in Heaven, this too, requires memory and consciousness. Do we bring our psychological and psychiatric BS with us, as well? Will I be autistic in Heaven? Without a physical brain, how does this happen? If not, is our consciousness found within our soul,...and not in our brain? So, in this model, souls are not going to be the same, but as diverse as they are on Earth. Then how, in this model, are souls happy in Heaven? Are we the same as we were on Earth,...minus the "meat suit"? Then how do souls recognize each other? How does God strip a soul of their "troubled mind" to make them happy?

I love the concept. I have two brothers and a father in Heaven I wish to be reunited with. One brother died at 7 weeks old,...is he still a baby in Heaven? I wish to be with my wife, even in Heaven, but how will we recognize each other?

I know Hollywood movies solve the problem with the idea of keeping your "image",...but is it the "image" of you when you died,...or when you were young, beautiful, and healthy,...or when we were happiest? What if my wife was happiest as a child,...and I as an adult?

Is there an infinite amount of souls? Is there a soul "factory"? If not, does this mean that, at some point, God decides to "inject" a soul into a newborn baby? So, is it possible that the soul you wished to meet in Heaven is not there because God placed it into a new body? What happens to the consciousness of that soul? Does God strip that soul of any memories it once had?

Too many questions.

Last edited:
Because you can ask now. Not like he doesn't already know your wondering about it.
You can ask and get multiple different interpretations and answers as I can already see here. As was said before, we are all so different and diverse that each person will have a different explanation for a single question. If it were me, I'd wait and ask the source myself.

Last edited:
As one of the souls in existence you are currently alive and very temporarily burdened and blinded by a physical body. Why do you think any human’s defintion of a hierarchy actually matters?
Humans always want measurements and goals and the ability to stand out as special. Any discussion of such things would apply to the society of humans, whether one pretends to be discussing heaven or not.

There's a hierarchy in Heaven according to what the Bible says. The Apostles, for example won't be hanging out in the general admission seats. They will be stage left and stage right.

You can ask and get multiple different interpretations and answers as I can already see here. As was said before, we are all so different and diverse that each person will have a different explanation for a single question. If it were me, I'd wait and ask the source myself.

I meant ask God.

There's a hierarchy in Heaven according to what the Bible says. The Apostles, for example won't be hanging out in the general admission seats. They will be stage left and stage right.

Yeah. I did read that. Two disciplines asked Jesus to sit on his right and left side. It's also mentioned in Revelations.

Yeah. I did read that. Two disciplines asked Jesus to sit on his right and left side. It's also mentioned in Revelations.

I think there's also something about how prayers (from people) are brought to God by elders or something.

Here's what I mean in asking the question:

Living human beings have a unique personality unto themselves. People have their own likes, dislikes, experiences, etc. The likes and dislikes among people are innumerably different.

Think of the differences in the preferences of food, choice of climate to live in if possible, activities, passions, interests, etc among people.

God has one place set aside for every soul; Heaven. It's presumably the exact same for every soul. Apparently there will be a hierarchy in Heaven, but Heaven will be the same for every soul in what the souls do for eternity.

I was taught that every soul that makes it to Heaven spends eternity standing side by side glorifying God unceasingly. No preference. No differences. All the same doing the same thing forever. I was also taught that even if that seems like a sentence or even a punishment in relation to how we think about our lives and freedom on earth, it won't be in Heaven because there's nothing that we'll want to do other than glorify/worship God unceasingly for all of eternity.

So does that mean that souls in Heaven are identical with no differences?

No, two children are alike so, if there is a soul, everyone is different!

I think most religions have one aspect of truth in them - there is an afterlife.

To me, the idea of heaven and hell is a means to keep people following a set religion - "do what this book says, or else".

"In many philosophies this sort of idea is retained — the soul being returned to a primal giver, or being dissolved in a nebulous state somewhere between being and nonbeing. The soul is, however, first of all creative. [...] The soul or entity is itself the most highly motivated, most highly energized, and most potent consciousness-unit known in any universe." —SS Chapter 6: Session 526, May 4, 1970

"The soul does not exist apart from nature. [...] Nature is the soul in flesh, in whatever its materializations. The flesh is as spiritual as the soul, and the soul is as natural as the flesh. In your terms the body is the living soul. Now the soul can live, and does, in many forms — some physical and some not, but while you are material, the body is the living soul. The body constantly heals itself, which means that the soul in the flesh heals itself. The body is often closer to the soul than the mind is because it automatically grows as a flower does, trusting its nature." —NoPR Chapter 7: Session 630, December 11, 1972

"(9:42.) Your soul therefore — the soul that you are — the soul that you are part of — that soul is a far more creative and miraculous phenomenon than you previously supposed. And when this is not clearly understood, and when the concept is watered down for simplicity’s sake, as mentioned earlier, then the intense vitality of the soul can never be understood. Your soul, therefore, possesses the wisdom, information, and knowledge that is part of the experience of all these other personalities; and you have within yourselves access to this information, but only if you realize the true nature of your reality. Let me emphasize again that these personalities exist independently within and are a part of the soul, and each of them are free to create and develop." —SS Chapter 6: Session 527, May 11, 1970

Ed

The truth is we do not know because our mind can not fathom the things that Yah has for us, anyone saying they can is pure conjecture or religious dogma inherited lies.

“…the main indication of the relationship between thing and thought…when one thinks correctly about a certain thing, this thought can at least up to a point, guide one’s actions in relationship to that thing to produce an overall situation that is harmonius and free of contradiction and confusion.”
— Bohm, Wholeness and the Implicate Order

New Threads

Top Bottom