• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

April Fool's Day ("practical jokes"/pranks)

The biggest problem is people thinking they're funny when they're not even close. One co-worker covered another co-worker's monitors with sticky notes. What a waste of time and sticky notes. I don't try anymore because I'll never top 1997.

The biggest problem is people thinking they're funny when they're not even close. One co-worker covered another co-worker's monitors with sticky notes. What a waste of time and sticky notes. I don't try anymore because I'll never top 1997.
images

Is "1997" a year? If so, what happened then?
Is it a total...of something?
Is it a listing in a Master Prank Book, and refers to an hilarious set-up...
if only I knew?

Yes, 1997 was the year I got a dozen people to think I was getting married. And had them hanging for a good 30 hours. :D

Not so much into it anymore, but my best prank ever was rewriting the first 30-40 pages of the DSM-IV as the DSM-IT, complete with cover, acknowledgements, copyright, editorial panel and coding descriptions with diagnostic criteria. Did it in four days because a frustrated coworker left me a cover graphic for the "DSM-IT" logo after a project status meeting.

This was the prank I was born for.

Productivity pretenses were totally shot for 48 hours that week and copies are still extent.

I like it now as an adult more than I did growing up. I think mainly it's because the jokes I partake in are more from tech companies and whatnot -- things that weren't around when I was a kid (because companies weren't as "interactive" with their audience, it was all passive radio and TV commercials). These things tend to not be malicious or at other people's expense. It's kind of like Superbowl commercials now -- you know full well they're being done, but you seek them out just to see what people have come up with.

Here are a few examples of what I'm talking about:

Netflix added skits to their "what to watch now" thing. They were things like "do your homework" or "walk the dog," and someone would tell you to do those things (not after one more episode, now!). At the end, they did this little blurb along the lines of "binge responsibly."

Every year, Thinkgeek.com comes out with fake product. It's a listing they put up on their site of some really cool thing that doesn't exist. This year, it was Game of Thrones Clue, and if it were real, it'd be massive. 48 characters and something like 60,000 combinations. The board is said to be 2 feet by 4 feet. (As often as not, this tends to "backfire," and they get such a response that they decide to make the item.) It's always fun to see what they come up with.

Google had "com.google," where they switched it to RTL, so everything was backwards.

These kinds of things are fun and there's generally no harm done, especially since everyone knows it's April Fool's Day.

You mean this one?
Obviously a hoax. Everyone knows spaghetti is a by product of the worm which chews the hole through the stems of the macaroni plant :)

I remember one viewer writing into the beeb to ask how one could grow one's own spaghetti, and the newscaster replied along the lines of "put a spaghetti cutting or sprig into a tin of tomato sauce and hope for the best.";)

New Threads

Top Bottom