• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Appreciation

DaisyRose

V.I.P Member
This time of the year, I would always be so miserable from school. It’s almost been a year since I’ve been out of college. I’ve noticed that I am more appreciative of the holidays and being happier. I feel so free and relaxed. I have never felt so good about myself. That’s the reason why I put my tree up because I actually had fun instead of dreading it like another task. I don’t know why I’m sharing, but maybe it can relate to others here.

Yeah. I found school draining as well. Though in my time it took some time to find stable, full-time work. But it was a welcome change in routine, without so many stresses of exams. Not to mention that the closer one gets to graduation, the more stressful it all can become.

I loved college until it got close to graduation. But, grade school sucked. I can understand what you're saying, though, Daisy. That is good you have more peace. It is easy to feel bad about ourselves when we deal with constant stress and overload.

maybe it can relate to others here
I've been so down for so long, but recently, since being diagnosed and working on some things, I've noticed occasionally I feel something more like relief than happiness - but I think it feels that way because I got out of the habit of feeling happy and now it's starting to come back it's just such a relief. Just a few minutes here and there. But it's a good sign.

I completely understand that DaisyRose. Sometimes we find ourselves on a path that is just the wrong one and it takes great courage to step off it and do something that is more suitable for us. There’s so much heartache and struggle that we share here that it lovely to also hear when people have made good choices for themselves and are doing well.

The way that you have settled into the thrift shop and become happy there is so awesome to read about and very inspiring, too. Happy for you!

Thank you so much to everyone who commented and reacted to my thread. You guys are awesome! You guys always make me feel loved and valued.

I really enjoyed college, getting my first position was a bit rough did not know why understand now.

New Threads

Top Bottom