• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anything fun/happy like dancing balloons everywhere in the sky? (use your imagination.)

greenmoss9

Hi,

My friend has cancer and he likes using his imagination to take the worry and pain off things.

So far we got:

* Dancing balloons in his room

Can you help us out please?

Thanks.

Decorating the non-skid socks the hospital will give them if they are inpatient. My sister sewed a spider made of felt onto hers.
Is this inpatient or out?

Have you heard of that Japanese tale about how if you fold 1000 origami cranes you're granted one wish? That's kind of cliche but origami does wonders to occupy and distract the mind.

And if you use pretty paper like that shiny gold or silver stuff and string them up it can be quite decorative.

Just for you
IMG_0200.JPG

I went through the cancer journey and I packed a few items with personal meaning in a travel bag to take with me to the hospital and rehab. I call it my Journey.
And seemed I kept hearing the song by Journey where ever I was or anytime I turned on the radio: Wheel in the Sky. And most of the story of the song fit how I felt.

So for me it was a song with meaning, a little stuffed bear from a friend, a ring of plastic from my Mom who thought it pretty and paid a nickel for it in a garage sale. (she had dementia. She thought it was beautiful and wanted me to wear it on my journey. So to me it was beautiful),
a cross for my bedstand from a minister, a picture of someone that gave me strength, my favourite fuzzy robe, and if I had had the room I would have had posters of space all over the walls.
I love Hubble photos.
Don't know how fun these things would be for someone else, but, it was what helped me.
And, yes, in OT after the surgery, I made a multi coloured metallic paper oragami crane!
Cherished that for years.
image004.jpg

Just watching frolicking desert cottontail bunnies only 30 feet from my window.

No imagination required- just reasonable eyesight. I call them "Chip and Dale". :)

Best wishes for your friend to quickly recover. I gave a friend who was going through chemo and radiation a lava lamp, like from the 1960s. He loved it and left it turned on all the time to watch the weird evolving shapes when he was too tired to do anything else.

New Threads

Top Bottom