• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone in sheffield

I would just like to point out that this forum is a great supportive place for those like us. We are virtual chat friends and we don't bite.

I feel like im a comolete loser because im so damn lazy
Why do you think you are lazy? Somebody can be lazy but l don't equate loser with lazy. Sound like you haven't found a passion or something that engages your mind or senses.

Might be worth a read:

There's also a book by the same authoer as "Unmasking Autism" which is called "Laziness Does Not Exist".

Personally, I read ebooks, and also have Kindle and Play Books installed on my PC. I'd recommend getting free samples - they give you a generous amount of pages to read, and it might click with you?

All the best. I'm from Cambridge area in UK myself.

Ed

I have to ask, why do you feel like this? Because of your parents or someone else?

Me. Ive never worked...no real education..i was coasting through never been materialistic or very good at gauging myself. Im in constant fear all the time and dont know if im just lazy...life always needed to ne a certain way amd i didnt ever realise hpw discommected i was....im terrified im a lazy good for nothing now.

I believe I'm possibly the laziest man on earth. I never had any great desires, my life long drive has always been to be without stress. To be happy. In that regard I'm also one of the most successful people on the planet. Life has it's rough patches but they just make you appreciate the good times even more.

There's different types of laziness though. I was a Printer and I often trained apprentices. Every single one of them raised their eyebrows when I told them that I'm the laziest printer on earth. Yes I worked hard and I was diligent, but getting it right the first time was one hell of a lot easier than having to do a reprint.

Yet all that said, I'm just a dole bludger. I haven't worked in 15 years. Not a real job anyway, a few bits and pieces here and there that are more charity work than anything else. Some people are jealous of the life I have and they reckon it's not fair that I should be able to just kick back while they work.

Tough.

I've done more than my fair share in my time and I still put in in ways that I can. What most other people think of me has little bearing on my life. People that matter to me often seem to have a different opinion of me.

I feel insane most of the time. I used to think it was fine how we lived...we didnt harm anyone..in fact were charitable people...im just lousy as a worker...and yeah modern practices force people to do what isnt conducive to living...we seriously need to learn coersion via sanction or homelessness does nothing but cause mh issues.

I cant however seem to get to your viewpoint...and not sure how

New Threads

Top Bottom