• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone have a favourite animal sound?

Not so many tuis where I come from, so I'd say bellbird.

As I am currently in Asia, I have the tones on my phone for email and txt set to koel bird and tokay respectively.

Whippoorwills. We have them here and it raises the hairs on my neck (in a good way) whenever I hear one.

I love hearing bats, I get a warm happy feeling like I have love ones around. Both flying foxes and micro bats. I get the same feeling from cassowary calls as I have become like family to several cassowary. I love the calls of many birds like the whipbird, finches and heaps of others. Cat calls I also find comforting.

My Yorkie would howl, but it actually would come out as a high-pitched gurgling sound. Usually would have everyone around cracking up if they heard her. She'd always hang her head back as far as it would go. What a character. RIP, little friend.

Not mine, but you get the picture. Errr...the howl. Enjoy.

Last edited:
I love hearing the sound of the tawny owl which lives in woods near my house. They make such an eerie sound and its kind of haunting in a beautiful way.

The call of a Morepork on a dark, damp night is to me both beautiful and eerie, also the song of Chaffinch's which to me signals the start of summer. The purring of my kittens is a wonderful sound as well.

I think the sounds of crickets on a warm summer night are the most peaceful thing. Makes me feel like a kid again, laying out under the stars with warm coastal breeze rolling by carrying the smells of marshland and every other sound in the world drowned out by the crickets singing.

I love the sound domestic pigs make when they are napping together. They communicate to each other in short grunts while they are sleeping and it is a beautiful sound. One will grunt then the other, then there will be a pause and then they will start all over again. I just think it is beautiful because they are not communicating anything of value (food source, danger, etc.) only comforting each other by letting the others know they are there too. I connected with the animals and with the sound because I made the same noise when I was stimming. When I worked with show pigs as a child I would nuzzle my way in to the group where they would root in the shade and just nap with them, because the sounds they make when napping are so relaxing and the pig's bellies were warm.

I love the sound of playing foals. Those cute little squeals and mini whinnies that are a shadow of the ringing trumpets and soft wickers of the adults. I also love the sound of singing male budgies. My little guy burbles, bubbles, chirps, coos, chatters, warbles, and shrieks all in one song. He makes himself loud and proud when he manages to clamber up to the top of my head. I am the ultimate climbing challenge, and he is always quite proud of making me a jungle gym for his own amusement. Silly budgie.

There is one animal sound that really caught my attention, the sound of a turkey. I really like the way they are gobbling, it just amuses me :

Mine would be the sound of a wounded aspie. The sort of sound one might make when walking into a door or tripping over the coffee table. It brings me comfort, hearing another aspie in pain. It gives me a homey feel. Lol

So many to choose from, perhaps out of all of mine the sound of a Red Kite is the most evocative. When I am out on my walks in Wales I hear them, now they have spread to other parts of England and I can be working and hear them call out.

Finches. They have a small, quiet call that is very peaceful.

New Threads

Top Bottom