• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

anyone else type 1 diabetic here?

Type 2 here, controlled with Metformin tablets, 4 in a morning, 2 at tea time, 2 at night.
HI Rich, sorry if i wasnt clear. I was particularly looking for type 1's because of the autoimmune component. but i always like talking with other diabetics in general. how are you?

i think its more diet and stress and your culture
not particularly autism
youre aware what an autoimmune disorder is right? its a condition where the body creates antibodies that attacks itself. thats entirely something not caused by "culture" and diet. perhaps stress does damage certain genes in the body that causes a mutation in the gene. certain enviormental. but the cause of most autoimmune disorders is unknown, much like the cause of autism wasnt caused by diet, or culture or stress

youre aware what an autoimmune disorder is right? its a condition where the body creates antibodies that attacks itself. thats entirely something not caused by "culture" and diet. perhaps stress does damage certain genes in the body that causes a mutation in the gene. certain enviormental. but the cause of most autoimmune disorders is unknown, much like the cause of autism wasnt caused by diet, or culture or stress
yes i do my mother had rheumatoid arthritis and she made it dormant by eradicating refined sugar
the culture part comes in when its decided to eat a few foods- like japan where red meat was not eaten and there were problems like calcium deficiency

yes i do my mother had rheumatoid arthritis and she made it dormant by eradicating refined sugar
the culture part comes in when its decided to eat a few foods- like japan where red meat was not eaten and there were problems like calcium deficiency
my mother also had rheumatoid arthritis. i did some interesting reading a while back about the genes that cause it, and it may be related to the gene that causes type1. Streetwise. are you type1?

have osteoarthritis and allergy to penicillin, grass pollen
have no idea n.h.s wouldnt pay for it
my mother also had rheumatoid arthritis. i did some interesting reading a while back about the genes that cause it, and it may be related to the gene that causes type1. Streetwise. are you type1?

I'm also a type 1. I've done a little bit of studying about whether or not there is a link, but so far, the research is nascent.

I'm also a type 1. I've done a little bit of studying about whether or not there is a link, but so far, the research is nascent.
darn, looks like we need more research on everything. anyways. how long have you been type1 for? have any cool gadgets? do you find it hard to do basic self care from time to time such as taking insulin ontime, or eating? i'm curious do the infusion sets or sensors bother your skin?

I've been type 1 since 1995; diagnosed when I was ten and a half. My pump is a cool gadget. My doctor is pretty happy with my self-care; I usually am right at, or just below, a 7.0 A1C each time I'm tested every few months. The infusion sets do bother my skin a little bit at times -- actually just changed my site within the hour, and I've developed an itch on the old site -- but nothing too bad.

I've been type 1 since 1995; diagnosed when I was ten and a half. My pump is a cool gadget. My doctor is pretty happy with my self-care; I usually am right at, or just below, a 7.0 A1C each time I'm tested every few months. The infusion sets do bother my skin a little bit at times -- actually just changed my site within the hour, and I've developed an itch on the old site -- but nothing too bad.

I recently heard about a nifty trick. use IV prep wipes. suppose to create a barrier between skin and adhesive on infusion sites.

New Threads

Top Bottom