• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone else never worked full-time before?

That wasn't the case in 2006 or 2009 when I was living in Brisbane.
Worth you lookin in to if you ever feel like travelling. They're working on a scheme now where we won't need passports any more. That'll make life easier.

Here "road cones" could mean someone sitting in the gutter smoking a bong. :)

Worth you lookin in to if you ever feel like travelling. They're working on a scheme now where we won't need passports any more. That'll make life easier.
I would certainly love to leave Auckland. I want to go back to the south Island really. Move to Nelson. But that's never going to happen. I will never have the money to relocate :-(

The social housing is the main thing, worth it's weight in cocky chaff. Once you get that you don't ever want to let go of it again. I'm paying about $75/week rent where most people are paying $400.

I'm just so lucky that they landed me in a nice spot because now I've got it this is probably where I'll live the rest of my life.

The social housing is the main thing, worth it's weight in cocky chaff. Once you get that you don't ever want to let go of it again. I'm paying about $75/week rent where most people are paying $400.

I'm just so lucky that they landed me in a nice spot because now I've got it this is probably where I'll live the rest of my life.
I'm on that here. It's $90 a week instead of $550 or so. My needs assessment was second highest from the top so I jumped to the top of the que

I jumped to the top of the queue by living on the streets for a few months. That plus autism plus age put me in a place in 3 months.

I jumped to the top of the queue by living on the streets for a few months. That plus autism plus age put me in a place in 3 months.
I lived on the streets for two years. It wasn't so bad, I was too busy surviving to worry about too much. I was an angry bear if anyone woke me up though

Technically I was homeless for 12 years. all that time in the bush I was just squatting on other people's properties. (with permission)

I decided for my retirement I really needed a pension and a housing trust house so I jumped on a plane down to Adelaide, I grew up here and know how this place works. I was used to sleeping pretty rough in the bush, in Adelaide all the lawns were mowed, there was running water and public toilets, and shops, and no wild pigs or dogs.

It was easy compared to what I was used to, it felt like I was cheating.

I was an angry bear if anyone woke me up though
I got woken up early by a fox biting my toe one morning. It darted away as I sat up, but then while I was still rubbing the sleep out of my eyes the little bastard came back for seconds. It took off for good when I lunged at it though.

I slept under this bunch of trees. Most other people were scared of the parks for some reason and they all wanted to sleep near the buildings. They were all getting arthritis from sleeping on cold concrete and I was bedding down on nice soft pine needles every night.

I slept under this bunch of trees. Most other people were scared of the parks for some reason and they all wanted to sleep near the buildings. They were all getting arthritis from sleeping on cold concrete and I was bedding down on nice soft pine needles every night.

Sure beats sleeping on the streets.
I had the city mission and salvation army drop offs for food though and every now and then I got to stay at the homeless hostel

I got kidnapped a couple of times... Not so bad getting kidnapped when you haven't had a soft bed to sleep on for awhile... Managed to escape

Here there's a charity where you can get a hot coffee and a hot shower and breakfast every morning. I never bothered with breakfast but coffee and shower was good. Then they put me in a hostel for a few weeks where they could check my suitability for living in my own place, I was like a poster boy for them because I'm usually clean and neat and tidy and I cook, so I was only in there 3 weeks.

New Threads

Top Bottom