• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

anyone else like 1950s-1990s period dramas?

apolloidolsice

most period dramas are set in the 15 to early 1900 hundeds, but i really like the ones set in the "middle shift" time. Like the deuce, mad men, GLOW. Anyone else like that better and find it more interesting.

The idea of a 90s period drama makes me kind of sad. How the time flies :)

As a kid I loved The Wonder Years. As an adult, I'd say True Detective. I don't care what the period is, though, as long as I like the story.

I am old enough to have been quoted as saying: "Like hi! Okay?", "Eww! Grody! Gag me with a spoon!", "What-ever!", "Dude, as if!", "That's so rad", etc, in daily speech, unironically. Period dramas about my childhood era had better be accurate, because I'll be taking notes.

JK. Just being silly.

I am old enough to have been quoted as saying: "Like hi! Okay?", "Eww! Grody! Gag me with a spoon!", "What-ever!", "Dude, as if!", "That's so rad", etc, in daily speech, unironically. Period dramas about my childhood era had better be accurate, because I'll be taking notes.

JK. Just being silly.
they're gonna make "the 90s show" as a sequel to that 70s show. also, they made a teen angst show set in the 90s called everything sucks. it's on netflix. So takes not away my friend!

they're gonna make "the 90s show" as a sequel to that 70s show. also, they made a teen angst show set in the 90s called everything sucks. it's on netflix. So takes not away my friend!
Everything Sucks...my first thought was of the show My So-Called Life.

I thought it was weird, at first, seeing young people obsessed with the 90s. Then I realized it was basically how I felt about the 60s, in the 90s.

Everything Sucks...my first thought was of the show My So-Called Life.

I thought it was weird, at first, seeing young people obsessed with the 90s. Then I realized it was basically how I felt about the 60s, in the 90s.
in the 2050s kids are gonna yearning for when we flipped bottles, said slang like yeet and bussin and have that tiktok mushroom hair XD

I'm old enough to remember the late 90s, and it is a bit weird to know that they're making sitcoms about that time period, and advertising fashion trends from that time period, as if it's "vintage" lol...

Some of my friends were born in the early 2000s... that's also such a foreign concept to me because there's almost a decade between us! And I clearly remember things from the years they were born, because I was in school... I have a friend who is 20, so she was in 4th grade when I was in college :eek:
My best friend is almost a decade older than me, but I feel like once you get into your late 20s/30s it gets less significant...

New Threads

Top Bottom