• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Did any of her work help anyone in a personal way?

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • dislike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reason for like or dislike.

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

I love roses

I find her videos and TED talks inspirational. She said she was non-verbal as a child and other things. My grandson is like that so I might get some of her books and see if there is anything useful for him and myself and other family members. I haven’t read her books yet. Was wondering what others think of her life and work.

She is a hero and I have watched every single YouTube talk she has done, including researched her humane livestock inventions. I have read nearly every book she has written too.

I think I will order them all. I even sent her a question on her website. I know she is busy but wondering if she will reply. Thanks for responding. She is my hero, too, and so amazing! She had a wonderful understanding Mom who broke ground with just trying things, like horse therapy before it was popular or known much about.

She's very inspiring. I'm reading the book about her brain, however I have a feeling that her brain isn't typical of ND brains so not sure about the generalisation potential. Very interesting though.

Yes, I like her. I wasn't non-verbal as a child, but can relate to many or her life experiences and her way of thinking. She says that we are "different, not less" and that "nature is cruel, but we don't have to be". I like that.

She's very inspiring. I'm reading the book about her brain, however I have a feeling that her brain isn't typical of ND brains so not sure about the generalisation potential. Very interesting though.

Can you explain what you mean by her brain “not being typical of ND brains?”

Temple Grandin is an inspiration. She shows us how alternative ways of thinking can produce fantastic results. She is exercising her strengths and her interests. There is a lesson for all of us - find and use our special talents. We all have them. Be realistic and don't let the negative detract from the positive.

In her book that I m currently reading she's talking about her brain which she has examined a lot of scans of, and it's very unusual. She's thinking about how that relates to her neurodiverse diagnosis. However I think her brain may be untypical even of neurodiverse brains, but we can hopefully find that out when scanning gets even better and more common.

She is the reason I found out I was an aspie. I always knew my brain wasn't normal and one day a friend who is a veterinarian posted a Temple Grandin video on Facebook and when she started describing her childhood I knew without a doubt I was an aspie.

I did not know, and maybe many of you don’t either...But there is a movie about her available on Amazon for $9.99 that was shown on HBO.

New Threads

Top Bottom