• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any musicians out there?

Yeh I'm a sound designer and play synth in this band: http://www.myspace.com/originofjanken

I like shitloads of diff music.

That's a sexy guitar. :) I always wanted the gibson version of that style, except with EMG's. :)

I don't have many guitars anymore, but I've been through a few. (Well I only have one atm, a cheap ibanez, sadly).

ESP-LTD DV200 (Dave Mustaine signature flying-v :) )
ESP-LTD EX-400BD (Diamond plated guitar... that Jesper Stromblad from in flames plays sometimes, woo :D )
Schecter Hellraiser FR 2008... In red. Sexy guitar.

I miss them. :(

I've been through a few amps too.

After my first crappy practice amp I got a Line 6 Spider III 150W (still ****, but loud lol)... ever since then I've been onto tube amps. :) First was the Peavey Valveking 212... loud as f-... And my current amp: Bugera 6260 half stack. LOUD AS F-. :D The 6260 is a replica of the Peavey 5150 = badass. :)

Been playing 4 years.

What amp you got? :p

Seems like you;re on a much higher budget than me haha, took me ages to save up for my Epi :p I'm thinking of putting EMGs in it though

You've gotten through some pretty awesome guitars, why did you ever get rid of them?

I've got a Peavey Bandit 112 combo amp (80watts i think) its pretty good for it's price and has gotten me through a couple of acoustic-style gigs :) I would so love a tube amp though haha

4 Years eh? You must be pretty good then? :p

Seems like you;re on a much higher budget than me haha, took me ages to save up for my Epi :p I'm thinking of putting EMGs in it though

You've gotten through some pretty awesome guitars, why did you ever get rid of them?

I've got a Peavey Bandit 112 combo amp (80watts i think) its pretty good for it's price and has gotten me through a couple of acoustic-style gigs :) I would so love a tube amp though haha

4 Years eh? You must be pretty good then? :p

I'm okay. :p I don't play much anymore, but I don't feel like I've gone out of practise.

I loved my guitars, but I really needed the money... the schecter was 800 quid, I really couldn't afford to have that much money tied up in a guitar. All of this was before I had a car, so all my pay (I get 160/month for working at Morrisons. Peanuts, but whatever. :( ) could be sunk into awesome gear... now everytime its just petrol, petrol, petrol. :( (Or diesel, rather :p ) A lot of the gear I got really good deals on (mainly ebay)... and I also made profit on a lot of them when I sold them. :)

I always wanted a LP, but never actually got one. :( I borrowed a 1960 original Gibson LP for a week once, that was pretty cool.

What's your dream guitar? :p

I'd love a Gibson Gothic Explorer II. :wub: Fit guitar. :)

Second choice, Gibson LP Custom. (Black with silver or gold hardware + EMG's)

I used to play the piano when I was little as I picked up really quick....

Once I saw a guitar, I started getting lessons on how to use the guitar... and I also picked it up really quick that I eventually got entered into a competition for the Peace on day competition for the band for the UK.

Our school got to the finals because of my gift to also write the song and the lyrics, plus it was a special needs school which really hit the news.

Sadly we didn't win the competition but came very very close to winning our chance to perform for the peace one day concert with annie lenox, carrie bailey rae etc.

But it was definitely fun and it was really worth it... :D

Mmmm, guitars :dribble: I used to be into all the fancy brandname metal axes, but the truth is you can get just as good a sound with lower priced instruments (with a few upgrades). I use Hagstrom guitars at the moment. Jut sold my Epi Prophecy SG GX. But seriously, if you want high gain performance, get yourself some Seymour Duncan Blackout pups. Or, if you want to make the most of the guitars tone woods, stick to passive pups (Bare Knuckle pick ups are probably the best way to go for serious gain). I have the advantage of not being a gigging musician, so no need for huge expensive amps :thumbsup: The Bugera amps do look nice. Gonna grab the V5 soon. Only valve amp I own at the moment is a Peavey Nano Valve (5 watts and £60 woo-hoo!). A lot of companies are bringing out these little low watt valve amps, very good for recording since you can crank em without blowing the house down lol.

I've had my 120W half stack at 8 in my house. "Lol" - 'nuff said.

Had some passive seymour pups in my ESP DV-200, not sure what I prefer between those and classic EMG combo's. Depends on the amp I had at the time. :p

I wouldn't mind one of those Peavey 6505/5150 112 amps they brought out recently... might be easier to record with my room imploding. :whistle:

I like the look of the Epi Prophecy series - the LP, anyway. :)

Christ!! I'm guessing you have a big house and no neighbours lol.

I once used a Smokey Supro amp to record a song :lol: 2" speaker, 1 watt, fits in your pocket. Although I did put the signal through a 4 x 12 speaker simulation. Sounded pretty decent actually B) Oh and the cool thing about the smaller valve amps is they work great with harmonicas, too, yay!!!

PS if you're into the LP body shape check out the Hagstrom Swedes ;)

Semi-detached, I'm just... an asshole, I guess. :thumbsup:

Lol, harmonicas through valve amps.. DO WANT! :D

Depends on the neighbours lol. When I started playing first time around (age 14) I used to crank the amp and completelly butcher Joe Satriani songs; got a round of applause from the neighbours one time (they were standing on the back yard) :lol: I think maybe they were clapping because I'd finished, though.

:lol:

I've checked before, you can hear my amp from.. a long way away, with all doors closed. You don't even have to be in my estate. Someone has only ever come round and complained once that it was shaking their wooden floor. :whistle:

Excellent!!! Our house would almost certainly collapse under that kind of abuse lol. You should try some feedback experiments, see if you can shatter any windows :thumbsup:

Lol. Don't think my parents would be too happy.

Might be worth mentioning... using an ISP Decimator. There be no unwanted noise in my room. :)

Depends on the neighbours lol. When I started playing first time around (age 14) I used to crank the amp and completelly butcher Joe Satriani songs; got a round of applause from the neighbours one time (they were standing on the back yard) :lol: I think maybe they were clapping because I'd finished, though.
Yes it makes sense.... I had a neighbour who blasts his electric guitar to the max and none of the neighbours complained because they loved it... He was after all pretty good and pretty mellow :) I guess he got away with that.. :D

(at least it wasn't at night)

I've been playing piano for a good few years now. Self taught. I can't read music, but I just improv reasonably well. Youtube Link. I've composed several songs on PC, but right now I prefer to just play - it's much more free.

Hehe, musical neighbours are great. Could be a violin/guitar duel soon: the girl next door is a Emilie Autumn fan and is planning on getting an electric violin lol.

Loved the piano improv. Ultimate Blob! Far more musical than my guitar improvs lol: Dodgy guitar and monotonous drums :)

off and on since 17
originally simple ****ing around, now I am trying to learn an instrument lol

New Threads

Top Bottom