• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any musicians out there?

C

Chris

Title says it all, any musicians on here? I've been playing music as long as i remember. I started out on recorder, before primary school.. i must have been about 4. Then i started piano, then acoustic guitar, then trombone, then saxophone, then electric guitar. :) I've only kept going with guitar and piano though. I have a few videos on youtube, but they aint so great so i won't bother linking them! Willow likes singing so we've done a couple of videos in the past - both of which are set to private on youtube because theyre embarassing to us! :D hehe. We're gonna try and do another one soon though.

I'm currently a music student at college in my final year. I was going to go on to do sound engineering at uni, but i've had a bit of a change of interest so i'm doing A levels in September.

If you don't make music, do you still like it? What types of music do you enjoy?

I'm into all sorts I used to be into all kinds of metal a few years ago, but nowadays i like all sorts, from metal to acoustic to dance to pop to easy listening... everything! :)

I used to play in the band in school. I did percussion from 6th to 10th grade,(american school grades), and marching band in 9th grade. I wasn't very good at it, but I tried. Usually ended up doing the supporting percussion stuff like cymbals, woodblock, etc. Had very little success with drums of any sort, not enough coordination. I still like music. I listen to most anything.

Cool. It's always weird for me hearing about the American band-type-things through school and college, since they seem to be rather common from what I've heard. We don't really do anything like that in the UK, otherwise I expect I'd probably have been involved too. :p

Hmm. All we had at out school was choir and I never joined because I can't concentrate enough to stick to my bit and not slip into someone else's harmony! I do like to sing though. Oh and I can play an entire 2 songs on the piano. But I can't use the pedal things.. I'm awesome at recorder though. But I can't read music. I'm going to post elsewhere now...because I'm not too successful with music!

I tried playing drums once. It didn't go too well! I made my brain tell my body to do exactly what my friend had done, but apparently I was terribly out of time...or had no rhythm. I'm not coordinated enough. :(

I played percussion at one time and could not play a drum set or multiple drums at all. Just too many movements and timing to think about.

I've never tried a conventional percussive instrument properly - although the piano is a percussion instrument, it isn't the... hit something with a stick, kind-o percussion. My brother played the drums for less than a year when he was a teenager, i wish i could have kept his drum kit. :( Lol.

Woo-hoo! I love music!! I don't read music, can't even get my head around guitar tabs lol, but I have developed my own form of musical notation, so I can write down riffs. I also have never had an interest in learning songs by other people, prefer to do my own stuff, which is mostly terrible (verifiable on youtube ;) ). I play electric guitar and bass, planning on getting an acoustic soon. I also fiddle around with gopichand, erhu, various flute/recorder type instruments, tin whistle, a stack of percussion stuff and hopefully should have some harmonicas being delivered tomorrow :) . Oh yeah, and I have a very small and ill-equipped home recording studio lol. I used to focus mainly on extreme metal, but my interests are moving more towards punk/blues/folk type stuff at the moment. I just really love playing, even if it's a new instrument and I haven't the foggiest idea what I'm doing lol.

Oh, almost forgot: my favourite percussive instrument is the coconut drum :D Just half a coconut shell with a thin layer of wood covering the hole and a small gap to let the sound out. It came with a little beater, too, hehe! Makes a lovely ponking sound :D

I play piano. Badly. But I can span 11 white keys with one hand, which is unusual.

That's quite a lot lol. Not sure how many I can do, not checked in a while. Will check next time i'm near a piano. :)

Played piano when I was younger, from 7-12 or so. Then suddenly one day my teacher said he didn't have anything more to teach me. So I quit and haven't touched a piano since then.

Then when I was 18 or so, I found the wonderful instrument known as Didgeridoo. And Jaw/jewharp, which I played for a few years. Nowadays I only listen to music as I find no joy in making it anymore.

I used to do drumming but I kinda lost the compassion with that. After getting my grade 3 certificate I just started losing interest lol.

I'm a self taught guitarist, been playing for about 2 years

I'm also in a band (sort of, lol) for which I write and record music

I've got an Epiphone LP Custom (Black and Gold)
epiphone-les-paul-custom.jpg

which is pretty awesome :p

I've got two others, but they arent really worth mentioning because they're so cheap :p

I'm guessing from you're interest that you've got a few guitars yourself? :)

New Threads

Top Bottom