• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any Mechanical Keyboard Enthusiasts?

Which switch type do you use?

• Cherry MX linear

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Cherry MX tactile ( non-clicky )

• Cherry MX tactile ( clickly )

• Buckling Spring

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Topre

• Alps

• Just your standard rubber dome keyboard

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

CSCoder4ever

Freely BSD
Or am I the only one? I love the way these feel as opposed to the standard rubber domes you can pick up essentially anywhere now.

I'm personally a big fan of the clicky ones. A user could also customize them to their hearts desire, that is probably one of the best parts! :D

Don't own one but would like to own one, one day. I learned about them a few years ago. It can be a good business expense for me to claim.

I don't dislike them but I just have a laptop so no extra keyboards for me, still I'd get one because there are many that look cool (and also feel awesome).

Don't own one but would like to own one, one day. I learned about them a few years ago. It can be a good business expense for me to claim.

Well when you're ready to look you can come to me for some advice, though this might be a great place to get started :)

I don't dislike them but I just have a laptop so no extra keyboards for me, still I'd get one because there are many that look cool (and also feel awesome).
I actually got me a Poker II with Cherry MX Blacks ( linear ) specifically for travel when I travel with my laptop. Since I take a good deal of my notes on my laptop, though it won't be until next semester that I'd start taking it with me.

This biggest downfall with 60% keyboards is their price, but I figure this is a one-time investment since I can use it for not just traveling, but customization as well. :D
That the problem with some people with purchases in general. They don't think about that one time purchase of getting a longer lasting product. They think they saving money buying the cheaper product but in the long run, replacing the cheaper product could cost more in the long run than having a long lasting product.

That the problem with some people with purchases in general. They don't think about that one time purchase of getting a longer lasting product. They think they saving money buying the cheaper product but in the long run, replacing the cheaper product could cost more in the long run than having a long lasting product.

Yeah, although there are some tenkeyless keyboards you can buy for $60 after rebates if you look hard enough. ( black friday, might as well look then but you'll want to buy it almost immediately after you see it. ) I think by the time this keyboard fails, I'll probably already have a keyboard to take its place. :D

I know this is off topic, but do you find the Asus gaming laptops any good? I think I heard people say they design quality laptops.

I know this is off topic, but do you find the Asus gaming laptops any good? I think I heard people say they design quality laptops.
Any brand is fine imo. They're all made in china anyways.

Besides the keyboard ( ofc :p ), I imagine it should be fine, but a gaming rig would be better. Personal bias but that's just how I see it :D

Any brand is fine imo. They're all made in china anyways.

Besides the keyboard ( ofc :p ), I imagine it should be fine, but a gaming rig would be better. Personal bias but that's just how I see it :D
Almost. Don't buy HP laptops. They make their hinge out of plastic and mine broke after a few years. The plastic also flex with very little pressure with my fingers which is a very bad design. Many people have this same issues with HP. I think they do that purposely to force you to keep buying new laptops. Then again, many companies set a artificial life for a product these days.

Almost. Don't buy HP laptops. They make their hinge out of plastic and mine broke after a few years. The plastic also flex with very little pressure with my fingers which is a very bad design. Many people have this same issues with HP. I think they do that purposely to force you to keep buying new laptops. Then again, many companies set a artificial life for a product these days.

I'd buy whichever met my criteria, even HP :p

And yeah... planned obsolescence, Whoever came up with that idea was certainly a cheapskate.

I build desktop computers with exclusively ASUS motherboards. Wouldn't consider any other brand. I do like the way their laptops are engineered. Thicker, drawing more air flow to some very heated components. Especially if used for gaming.

I build desktop computers with exclusively ASUS motherboards. Wouldn't consider any other brand. I do like the way their laptops are engineered. Thicker, drawing more air flow to some very heated components. Especially if used for gaming.

Unfortunately for me I haven't really had much experience with Asus boards, but I generally just go with whatever meets my criteria, whether it be ASRock, Gigabyte, Asus, or MSI. I'll even consider Biostar!

Anywho... use a mechanical keyboard of sorts?

Thanks. The motherboard I bought for my old Desktop is ASUS. It have 6 Sata with RAID 0,1,5, 1 IDE, and other specs. The thing managed to hold up for about 7 or 8 years and still using it. I know I'm due for an upgrade. This machine is now my entertainment center where I download all my shows.

For my whole life, I been using laptops. I started off with free ones from my mother work and brought ones as I got older. I might get this machine Notebooks & Ultrabooks - ASUS ROG G750JM - ASUS
I wanted something better for photo and video editing.

New Threads

Top Bottom