• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any Gamers out there?

Faeth Silverwolf

Hello everyone,
I have a burning Question and I don't know where else to put it. I'm new here and am wondering if I'm the only gamer in the group.

I play World of Warcraft mostly. However I do poke at Guild Wars 2.

Gaming is pretty much my identity and being Autistic as well as a Gamer I often times feel like I'm all alone and have nothing in common with Normal people. So I'm hoping it's not that way here on this forum.

I game!

I too play WoW, though my Subscriptions about to run out soon and I'm going to take a break from the game as well anyways for a while

I mostly play RTSs, RPGs, MMOs, Platformers, and FPS/TPSs spread across my Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo 3DS and Switch

I've been gaming since I was about 9 with my Original Xbox :)

Been gaming since I was... er... like, 3, according to my mom. This all back when the Atari 2600 was the big thing.

These days, it's still my main passion and identity as you put it, and I've even had a chance to do some game development.

The one thing that bugs me about gaming as a hobby though: even if you know someone that is into it, you might STILL not have any shared interests with them.

In my case, I got bored with AAA games a few years ago. They were getting more and more stale, shallow, and were typically easy as heck. I need a challenge in order for something to hold my attention, and no, Dark Souls isnt enough of one. On top of that, the big publishers are hyper greedy these days, so their stuff has gotten even worse. Since I tend not to care much about graphics, I end up sticking to indie games the vast majority of the time. I get the challenge/complexity/gameplay that I actually want out of those. Roguelikes/lites/whatever are my main genre, with bullet-hell shmups coming in second, fighting games in third. I am also very into retro games (both console and arcade), as I never actually lost interest in stuff like the 2600, NES, or things from the Golden Age of arcades.

But... this means that even when around gamer friends, I have absolutely nothing to talk to them about. They dont play any of the same games I do at all (with fighting games being the one big exception). So I'm still typically alone in this no matter where I go. Except on Steam itself; I have met plenty of people that are into the same sorts of things.

I might be able to get friends interested in at least a couple of things though. I got a new hyper-expensive gaming PC a couple of weeks ago, built for VR (which I think is going to make for a really nice sensory escape for when I'm feeling stressed and overwhelmed... also I've found some games I think will just be fun), and there's no way in hell they can try VR on their own. I can maybe get them interested in trying out some VR games on my setup, so I'm hoping that might give us some stuff to talk about.

I just have to actually choose a VR unit here. Jumping into it, it's like a whole new world of STUFF. So many things to take into account before deciding on one.

Now, that all being said, gaming is definitely NOT a big thing on this forum. Notice that there is no section for it, and topics about it are quite rare.

I've been playing games since I was a small child and really enjoy them, but I'm not sure if they're part of my identity (I haven't really thought about it). I am passionate about certain games though - mostly ones with developed worlds and either strong stories or very interpretative ones. Games like Journey, Owlboy, Okami, Hollow Knight, Ghost Trick, Professor Layton and so on. I do still love certain games from when I was very young though, like Spyro, which is more just fun to play.

I used to play WoW, but also KotoR. But I am a hard core tabletop gamer, play a lot of real-world RPGs like Dungeons & Dragons (to name the industry leader). My dad used to be a manager of an Electronics Botique/Gamestop. He used to bring home all sorts of games for me to try & to keep. I got burned out on it after a while...:D

I've been a gamer since the early 80's on an Apple II then a series of computers and consoles up to now when I'm PC only. I don't get to play as much as I used to because I'm putting a lot of time into creative projects, but I still enjoy it.
I'm definitely a single-player though. I loathe online competitive games - I just don't like competing against other people. Give me a story driven campaign or RPG any day!

I used to play WoW, but also KotoR. But I am a hard core tabletop gamer, play a lot of real-world RPGs like Dungeons & Dragons (to name the industry leader). My dad used to be a manager of an Electronics Botique/Gamestop. He used to bring home all sorts of games for me to try & to keep. I got burned out on it after a while...:D
If you like board games, one of the most fun I've played recently was Galaxy Trucker (it's not an RPG though).

Gamer here! Been a gamer for over 25 years :) As for MMORPG’s: Currently taking a bit of a break from WoW as the dailies in BfA bore me. I played the first Guild Wars way too much, didn’t like GW2 as much although it had some good ideas. I loved Rift as well, although it’s been a year or two since I played.
Anyway, I’m not gaming as much as I used to, on account of working full time, but I still like playing a few hours when I get the chance. I’m currently mostly playing single player games though, as I don’t really feel like interacting with the general mmo playerbase.

hi,

I mainly play strategy and RPG's, but i do branch out and play other types. I also adore boardgames, they are very underated in my opinion. My favourite ones are Fallout New Vegas, Xcom, Mass effect etc.
What are your favourites?

I've been a gamer for about 36 years, since the 128 K Spectrum A few years ago I was a big PC gamer but I pretty much gave up around Christmas 2001 after problems running almost anything under Windows XP, and then the original Xbox came out a year later and I've been an Xbox guy ever since.

Yeah, Im also a gamer. To play alone, I prefer to play games that has a lot of run and gun maybe some racing games. And usually play CoD single players. (CoD stories are amazing. U can't deny that) I also play Indie Games like Rocket League and spent time with the bots either kicking up some training or simply for fun. By the way I have an idea of the game creating. Who knows any developers? How it actually works? Should I find a developer first or what? It would be nice to get any advice from such experienced gamers;) I heard about Rubygarage (Mobile application development services), they develop iOS apps for iPhones and iPads using the Swift and Objective-C programming languages but I`d like to have reviews from real clients first.

I don't play WOW but I love playing cardgames like Magic Arena and Hearthstone :)

If you guys have steam we can play sometime

New Threads

Top Bottom