• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any dog lovers here?

Adora

I am I got a pied English Staffordshire bull terrier and he is my best friend,do you have a dog?,I think they are the best companions :)

Last edited:
I can't have dogs anymore due to lifestyle (wouldn't be fair on them), but my Newfies and Leonberg were my best pals.

newf.jpg
leo.jpg

I grew out with a Red Doberman during my childhood. Miss having him. I might get a dog in the future when my income is better.

I do! I have a mastiff... I love that dog so so much... she is the best snuggle bug ever. I especially love it when she lays her big head on my body and snores.. something about all that pressure from the weight combined with snore vibrations.. it's the best :) And she's always happy to see me and never gets tired of being poked, prodded and petted. Plus, I need to leave the house to take her out so it forces me to socialize and meet people.

Love dogs, always have. They're pretty much the best. I've had a couple of cockers, and currently have a couple of yorkies.

And when I was little I spent more time with my aunt than my parents; she bred rottweilers. Very misunderstood breed, they were some of the gentlest most loving dogs I've ever known.

No truer words said then: "Happiness is a warm puppy!" Only the two pups in the pic are related (sisters).

Molly, Penny, Peanut & Momo. All full or half Chihuahuas.

It's not easy for any human to get me to smile. For a dog? That's another matter. :)

mooks_zps4abb39a5.jpg

RIP, Puddie and Bert, Pen-Pen and Mookie.

molly_zps531d3785.jpg

And a paw-bump to my cousin's two dogs who are live and well:

Kaci_Bailey_zps58f7d222.jpg

Last edited:
I love dogs. They help me though life. I might need to get me another one soon because my Golden is about to die. She is 13 years old now. Maybe a young dog. We will see though.

After being sole caretaker for my late husband... I rocked in a rocking chair alone for 6 weeks. THEN... I found a boxer on fb. I named him Einstein. I was SAVED. I can't describe the depth of my appreciation.

Our kids have moved away and have families of their own. Now we have five Chihuahuas and they are our babies.

If I was allowed Pets at the Flat, and thought I'd be able to see to it, I'd have a little West Highland White Terrier, like the one that won Crufts week before last :D

Cute little dogs I think, used to be one that came in our local Pub called Sam, but he sadly died last year (well the poor lad was quite old by dog years), we always used to feed him on Cheese and Onion crisps in the Pub!

Grew up with dogs though, mainly Flatcoated Retrievers, although Dad did have a German Shepherd called Rebel for a while, and a Briard called Becky.

Our first 'child' was a Maltese we named Coconut (you would find this funny if you knew my last name). He was just a little pup when we brought him home in 2004. We had him initially in an open box the first night we had him home. We thought that it was high enough to hold him, but I could see his eyes looking at me over the top, and the next thing I knew he was by my feet. He had adopted me. He even learned to catch a ball all on his own. I had 10 wonderful years with my buddy, until he contracted lepto last year. His death still breaks my heart. We have his picture, collar, and ashes in a memorial box on our mantle. I miss him.

I have an 8yo Golden Retriever named Max, he's my best friend and he's so funny, even my mom laughs because she often goes to pray in the backyard and everytime she goes my dog goes with her almost like he also wants to pray.

New Threads

Top Bottom